Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

Can one remove yokes in VC

Is there any way to remove the yoke when flying in VC view in the default aircraft. Only ask since it gets in the way of switches etc. e.g. gear lever in Baron.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Aside from locating the texture file and repainting the yoke's textures pure black (0,0,0) to make them transparent, no...Of course, third-party modelers (it they're smart!) will provide hidden mouse points in the VC so that the simpilot can toggle the yokes visible/invisible... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hmmm..The purpose of a VC is to be able to pan and look all around the cockpit and around objects, no? I can understand if someone would want the yoke gone in a 2D panel, but removing it in a VC would be tantamount of removing the yoke in a real aircraft just to avoid looking around it? ;-) Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Unfortunately the way the yokes work in FS - they usually permanently block your ability to use some very important instruments and switches.We can't look around it like in the real thing.

Guest Pabra

With trackir you can ;-) Never fly without it. www.edimensional.comPaul@eghh

>Unfortunately the way the yokes work in FS - they usually>permanently block your ability to use some very important>instruments and switches.>>We can't look around it like in the real thing. One thing you can do is create custom "cameras" to view those areas that you want to "see" better. Enabling zoom and pan functions on the cameras will let you move the eyepoint around. For the FS9 aircraft that I've imported into FSX, I've created right seat, overhead and console/throttle quadrant cameras. I assigned them a Hoykey. Mapped that through the "controls" menu and assigned those view switches to my #2 POV hat on my X-45 stick. With a flick of my thumb I can move to those places in the cockpit fot operate controls, etc. My "left" switch puts me back in the VC pilots seat ( "right" for co-pilot, etc ) It's pretty easy to do. Use the "Camera.00x" sections of one of the default aircraft.cfg files as a template. All the entries are defined in the FSX SDK if you have the Deluxe edition. Here's a HS.748 entry for the console based on my head position normally in TrackIR4 : ( replace < and > with sqaure brackets )Title = "Center Console"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60//InitialXyz=0.65, 0.50, -0.2InitialXyz=0.55, 0.55, -0.50//InitialPbh=70, 0, 0InitialPbh=55, 0, 0HotKeySelect=6 Paul

Wide-5.jpg

It's the same as the centre post. Is nice to remove it so you can see better.JimCYWG

>Sure you can.....>>http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/>>I do it all the time.......>Yep.... same here! Don't have to "destroy" my plane, just to make it easier to look at switches. Track IR + VC = As real as it gets!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)