Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Just Flight Arrow III update 0.5.0 incoming

Is JF Arrow III considered the best payware single prop out there right now? Going for my real life pilot license soon and want to practice in a GA aircraft that's more complex than the default planes

Edited by NightOfDreams

30 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Is JF Arrow III considered the best payware single prop out there right now? Going for my real life pilot license soon and want to practice in a GA aircraft that's more complex than the default planes

I would answer yes. I fly in real life, I held out on the Arrow... but now that I have it I think the systems are the most modelled out of any GA airplane so far, and it flies realistically in my opinion. I get the most sense of operating a real airplane with the Arrow. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

I would answer yes. I fly in real life, I held out on the Arrow... but now that I have it I think the systems are the most modelled out of any GA airplane so far, and it flies realistically in my opinion. I get the most sense of operating a real airplane with the Arrow. 

Thanks, I think I'm sold on it. I could use a realistic GA in my hangar.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 2:54 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The GTN750 mod transforms the general usability of the P28A .  The ability to save flight plans and bring up METAR and Navigraph charts (if you have a Navigraph account)  from the cockpit is invaluable.

Wow, that should be good in VR. ill give it a swirl then.

39 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Wow, that should be good in VR. ill give it a swirl then.

I should check on the JustFlight site before you do. Some files, vital for VR, were omitted with the last update. There is a hot fix available.

https://community.justflight.com/topic/2147/vr-issues-since-update

Edited by Bilbosmeggins
Omission

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

You need to reconfigure one of the other displays on the map (fields option on the map menu I think ?)  to be wind instead. With mine, I changed the bottom right field (by default it showed distance to next way point) to show winds instead.

I found it, thanks 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I just took my Arrow for its first flight since the update. 30 minute flight from Blue River BC, To Valemount. Nice area to fly. A few things I noticed. I really like the updated flight dynamics, a-lot. Feels "Weightier" in a good way. Climbing out, I had to do a steep turn to avoid terrain, felt really good. Well done. Landing, I also felt like the airplane settled a bit easier... where I may have gotten a bounce before. 

I noticed the fuel flow has been adjusted. I was in cruise at 4500 ft at 24inches and 2400 RPM. Lean of peak, was seeing a touch over 10GPH, before I would see a touch over 12GPH. 

I don't like the new nav/gps switch, the 530 handled this just fine before. Other than those things, I didn't notice much. Overall, very good... Justflight is staying on top of it. I would request a master avionics switch be installed, as in most of these airplanes in real life you would not turn the GPS on individually, you have a master switch. I continue to feel this is the most accurate GA airplane I have flown in the sim, and it is all I fly now... I put up with the speed and enjoy the scenery!

On 5/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Just tried it... the CDI button is slaved to the new NAV/GPS switch... strange but workable :cool:

You can now get an optional hotfix in the JustFlight forum that allows you to use the CDI button as the primary control  🙂

• Like 2

Bert

1 minute ago, jpe828 said:

I don't like the new nav/gps switch

@jpe828Fix available, as noted above..

Bert

The version numbering (0.x.x) might be like this for a reason. I wonder what we will have when 1.x.x is reached. Looking forward to it.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

The flight dynamics are much improved after this update.  I would say this aircraft is the ONLY payware aircraft available right now that is worth buying for the sim.  Not just ga, but in general, its the only payware that is complete and behaves like the real thing systems and performance wise, aside from the engine start (but its close).  

• Like 3

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, kaha said:

The version numbering (0.x.x) might be like this for a reason. I wonder what we will have when 1.x.x is reached. Looking forward to it.

Karl

I didn't think about that.  And maybe when we hit 1.x.x the Arrow IV will release.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I very much doubt the numbering has any deep mystical significance.  People on the main forums have developed a huge conspiracy theory that the mysterious "0" version means it is really in Beta and hey have not told us.  It is probably just the default way the product numbers in their build engine work and no-one could see any point changing it.

Reminds me of a school teacher friend in a non-streamed equivalent of what the US call a  Middle School. Classes were not sorted by ability and children were randomly assigned.  The classes at each particular year level were absolutely identical and they were labelled with colors rather than letters or numbers to avoid any issues with what class children were assigned to.

Of course this instantly created a furore with the school being besieged by hordes of angry parents wanting to know why their child was placed in the "Blue" class but the neighbours child got to be in "Gold" .