Sign in to follow this  
Mike44

install second on my laptop

Hi

can I install MFSF again on my laptop and use that while traveling only? Back home on my pc?

Thanks

The short answer for the Steam and Microsoft Store versions is yes, you can install and fly them on different PCs (although not concurrently).

To save you some time downloading, you could copy the MSFS folder (the one with the "community" and "Official" folders in them) to your laptop.

A warning though: on my relative new business laptop (without dedicated GPU), performance was dreadful. MSFS really needs a decent GPU to run.

• Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I gave up on this approach several months ago because MSFS attempts to maintain one set of UI settings for both devices. Let me know if this has changed as it was very nice to be able to switch between my laptop and desktop computers.

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I gave up on this approach several months ago because MSFS attempts to maintain one set of UI settings for both devices. Let me know if this has changed as it was very nice to be able to switch between my laptop and desktop computers.

I am not quite sure whether MSFS remembers settings per device. Controller settings had copied over but I am unsure about the graphics settings. It would make sense to keep controller settings but not computer related settings. I would like to have more control over this though.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I have a 250GB external usb hd, will try that now.

Edited by Mike44