Sign in to follow this  
brucets

FSX Instant Replay Problems ----

Greetings! Overall FSX performs fairly well (except turning while taxiing is very jerky) with FPS anywhere from 10 to 35, mostly in high teens and low 20s even around major airports with scenery sliders about 50% or higher, water 1X High, autogen sparse, 15% ai, no airport vehicles; but it's the *Instant Replay* that's really killing it for me. Going back to review taxi and takeoff the gear is either entirely up or partially up. Also the ac acts eradically during replay, especially after leaving the ground, sometimes with smoke appearing. When going back to paused flight the ap is always disconnected and ac goes entirely out of control requiring ending/resetting the flight. When reviewing approach and landing Instant Replay works fairly normally with the exception that the engine sound is sometimes more of a shrieking noise.I defrag with O&O several times dailyAny thoughts?ScottDell XPS Gen 4 Dedicated to FS only (not online)3.46 Ghz P4 - Extreme Edition2 Gb RamATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition PCIEWDR 10k rpm HD x 2

HI ScottIf I understand this right its an old ongoing bug i flightsim.Watching landing and approach in Instant Replay - No Problem.But - if after Take off - AFTER Retracting the landing gear - you want to watch Take off start roll etc. in Instant Replay - the Plane will Chrash. It makes a belly start - because it first have to extend the gear again, which takes several seconds.Same thing always happens to me. It did the same in FS9.My suggestion is. Don't raise the landing gear before you have been watching the start in Instant Replay.RegardsHenrik KorningGreenland

Hi Henrik!Thanks for the reply and suggestion.IR works okay for me in FS9. On reviewing taxi/takeoff the gear comes back down and there's some tire smoke, but then the rest of taxi, take off roll and takeoff looks normal and I can record it with FRAPS.But in FSX the gear does not come down during taxi, and it does result in a crash sometimes. In other words there is no way to make videos showing a normal takeoff roll and gear retraction using Instant Replay. Very disappointing!I'll try your suggestion, but it seems it will be very difficult to record the gear retraction in real time before the auto pilot is engaged.Scott

Guest ted320

HiYou are not alone with this instant replay problem with FSX. I find the replay is very jerky. I think it has been raised before.

Hi Scott and TED320I think its a FSX bug. But its funny. I have always been having the same problem in FS9 as well.FS9:I take off and raise the landing gear.I make an Instant Replay to a point before lifting off - and I get a crash or Undercarriage Damage - every time!!Best RegardsHenrik

Scott,I had the same problem of the plane flight being very jerky in the outside view during instant replay. After I changed the outside view to fixed view in the view options it flew as smooth as FS9. I'm on my FSX computer so I can't tell you what the default outside view is set to.Hope it works for you,Ted.

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Ted and Henrik -I always use *Fixed* Spot View and the problems are still there. I have tried everything for a month and it just flat doesn't work right. looks I'm back to FS9 too. I can't live without Instant Replay working properly.It is absolutely mind boggling to me that MS would knowingly and intentionally release a rough edged product like this. I wonder how many copies have been shelved permanently or returned.Scott

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Suggest you get recorder for FSX http://www.fs-recorder.net/its as smooth as a baby's bot and will always start out as you recorded it independent on the flight condition before playback. Re WOZ