Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Multiplayer stuttering hotfix (1.15.10.0) is now live!

15 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

https://www.meteoblue.com/

This is the service the live weather uses.

I will have to check tomorrow. At hockey game in St Louis now!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

At hockey game in St Louis now!

A win for the Blues and they're in, unlike my Blackhawks.😞

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

16 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Reboot your Flight Sim PC. Then go to MS Store.

Thanks.  My PC is on 24/7, so only gets an occasional reboot. I should have remembered that.

Rebooted and the update downloaded automatically inside the sim.  there was nothing in the Microsoft store.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

8 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Unfortunately my day to day experiences are so random with this sim it's hard to put a stick in the sand and say performances are better or worse after any update.

Yes that is exactly the feeling i have "so random" "so random" "so random"...  and I think this this situation and stuttering thing is not ready to be resolved so soon.I have no performance problem or MSFS crash.But I also encounter long pauses and completely random jerks without there being a precise context for that.

About the real weather there is still work to do.And also in the visual quality of clouds in real weather which is really poorly represented in most situations.It is only above the cloud layer that it is pretty but with the same representation each time.Not too many surprises on this side either.After all the videos and photos that I watch and my countless number of flights that I do. I find pretty much the same visual weather pattern.

And I would end with the lack of brightness under the cloud layer which is completely unrealistic even by making adjustments with my monitor. It's too dark.

When I put myself in the costume of the Sunday player with my friends around me. MSFS is amazing without a doubt.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

34 minutes ago, filou said:

And also in the visual quality of clouds in real weather which is really poorly represented in most situations.It is only above the cloud layer that it is pretty but with the same representation each time.Not too many surprises on this side either.After all the videos and photos that I watch and my countless number of flights that I do. I find pretty much the same visual weather pattern.

We probably have a large number of very different opinions regarding this particular aspect. As far as I am concerned, I find the weather rendition of this simulator to be extremely realistic (I was also a real world pilot some years back), absolutely not repetitive, and correlated to what one can expect in complex and heavy weather systems such as the ones I am flying into presently in Africa and Asia to take precise examples. Yes the ground can be very dark when thick cloud layers are above, there again I feel the proper balance was found. Yesterday I flew between two layers at 9'000 feet with CBs embedded nearby and marveled about the extraordinary depiction of this scenario, never experienced with any weather software before such as Active Sky, REX Environment, ASCA or ENVTEX with FSX/P3D where, precisely, lighting was in most cases unrealistic.

I recently performed five IFR approaches down to the minima in Canada, with rain, and I really felt being "in there" like never before in a simulator. On one occasion I had to go-around due to the mist being too dense to see the runway when reaching the minimum, I dont remember having had to do this before.

If there is any urgent improvement to be made at this time regarding weather, it is to ensure that ATC gets the correct information to allocate the relevant approaches! Like many other items, I am confident this will be addressed in due time.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

As far as I am concerned, I find the weather rendition of this simulator to be extremely realistic (I was also a real world pilot some years back), absolutely not repetitive, and correlated to what one can expect in complex and heavy weather systems such as the ones I am flying into presently in Africa and Asia to take precise examples. Yes the ground can be very dark when thick cloud layers are above, there again I feel the proper balance was found. Yesterday I flew between two layers at 9'000 feet with CBs embedded nearby and marveled about the extraordinary depiction of this scenario, never experienced with any weather software before such as Active Sky, REX Environment, ASCA or ENVTEX with FSX/P3D where, precisely, lighting was in most cases unrealistic.

I recently performed five IFR approaches down to the minima in Canada, with rain, and I really felt being "in there" like never before in a simulator. On one occasion I had to go-around due to the mist being too dense to see the runway when reaching the minimum, I dont remember having had to do this before.

If there is any urgent improvement to be made at this time regarding weather, it is to ensure that ATC gets the correct information to allocate the relevant approaches! Like many other items, I am confident this will be addressed in due time.

I agree in the " Realistic overall rendering" but it remains "global" and certainly not "extremely realistic" for me. But it lacks unquestionably variety for the clouds and also the number of cloud layers.We are all admiring the postcard effect but for me I expect much more than that. I fly 3 hours a day and it doesn't always look like clouds or a representative weather. I know exactly what I want see in a so-called NG simulator.For now and for me it's only a lot of beautiful GTA colors.I want to see a more natural overall representation.

But as you say so well ...We probably have a large number of very different opinions regarding this particular aspect.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

14 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

We'll probably get performance boosts when the optimizations currently being made for console hit PC. My guess, in the summer.

I hope not at the expense of visuals, like LOD and such.

Hmmm....  Live weather was, generally, fairly accurate for near me in the UK. (EGTE). But today, since the update, it's way off.  Two cloud layers depicted but in reality there is only one. Maybe it's just today.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

But today, since the update, it's way off.

Yep, I have to confirm that for EDDH as well - VCSH and FEW033CB in the METAR, however meteoblue makes a solid cloud layer from 2500ft all the way up to 23000 ft all over northern germany, where it is the typical "April showers" indeed. I hope it's not a sign for regression 😟

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

16 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I hope not at the expense of visuals, like LOD and such.

I wouldn't put it past them. They already made a hash of it a couple times since launch and added insult to injury by either brushing it aside or pretending that some of us had no clue what we were talking about.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

17 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Hmmm....  Live weather was, generally, fairly accurate for near me in the UK. (EGTE). But today, since the update, it's way off.  Two cloud layers depicted but in reality there is only one. Maybe it's just today.

Exeter is good with Superspuds Airport upgrade and Mark Taylors photogrammetry of the city.  Are you using those?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Looks like Live weather has issues after the patch: the in-sim weather now seems to depict what was 24 hours ago. Zendesk report filed. Thread to upvote is here.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

46 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Exeter is good with Superspuds Airport upgrade and Mark Taylors photogrammetry of the city.  Are you using those?

Of course! I'm hoping Superspud keeps going with EGTE and doesn't get too unnecessarily  distracted in strange places elsewhere!😀

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Yep, I have to confirm that for EDDH as well - VCSH and FEW033CB in the METAR, however meteoblue makes a solid cloud layer from 2500ft all the way up to 23000 ft all over northern germany, where it is the typical "April showers" indeed. I hope it's not a sign for regression 😟

Exactly the same here. A secondary solid cloud layer above 20000ft. I fear the worst.

Edited by jarmstro

This update seems to have also fixed the issue with the Live Traffic callsigns being garbled or just random strings.

Though now it's reading Emirates callsigns as Uniform-Alpha-Echo instead of Emirates.

Only callsign I've seen that happen with so far.

Edit: Nevermind, just ran into another garbled one.

Edited by Tuskin38