Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

What AI traffic do you use?

12 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Johan’s April 21 post is the last one here:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=35773.30

Thanks! Just realised that I wasn't logged in when I checked earlier ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I didn't see any news about stopping the development of AIG in their official thread on the MSFS forum...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219/271

Sorry, let me be more precise. I'm not trying to start any rumors here!

Johan didn't say that they're formally stopping development, and I'm not sure whether he was speaking "for AIG" in his post in any case. That said, I think it's a fair reading of his post that MSFS progress has either significantly slowed or stopped. I'll put it this way: I didn't read that post and then think "yeah, I'm feeling good about AIG being first out of the gate with an AI solution for MSFS."

James

I still have a bad smell from the day where most freeware developers withdrew grants to use their models from the competing FSLTL group. Justified or not, the result was a monopoly for AIG, at least in the freeware realm, and as we know monopolies are rarely conductive for development.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, honanhal said:

Johan didn't say that they're formally stopping development, and I'm not sure whether he was speaking "for AIG" in his post in any case. That said, I think it's a fair reading of his post that MSFS progress has either significantly slowed or stopped.

That's my impression also. The MSFS SDK doesn't adequately support 3rd party AI traffic in the fashion needed by AIG. The temptation is to bypass the SDK, but then a 3rd party developer is at the mercy of what Asobo does with every one of its updates. REX took that route with its weather injector Weatherforce for MSFS and supposedly HiFi finally decided to do the same with Active Sky for MSFS. I can tell you that as a beta tester for VOXATC, its developer is having the same issues as AIG is with VOXATC for MSFS. It's pretty clear that realistic ATC, weather and AI traffic is not a high priority for Asobo and IMO none of those items should be, given the target audience for MSFS.

46 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The MSFS SDK doesn't adequately support 3rd party AI traffic in the fashion needed by AIG.

Ya know, I got chewed out on this forum about 2 months ago for implying the MSFS SDK wasn't yet good enough, and every time I read something like this I wonder where those "The SDK isn't holding any developer back" people are.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

before any more speculations:

AIG has not put MSFS development on hold. The last updates of MSFS have pushed us back and so far no fixes from MS/ASOBO for this problems. We are monitoring the situations and I will release an official update when we have solid information. Remember our first guess for a release was Q4 2021 (thats still around 6 months ahead 😉 )

The Post by JC just brings it to the point: NO offline AI solution is currently working as it should - so we actual can not test anything....

We do have "backup"-plans regarding model conversions, but as long as MSFS is actual not working or is getting new bugs with each update our development process is quite blocked....

And yes we are still in contact with MS directly, no new public infos till the last time 😉

---> And as always we will keep you guys updated and any progress or status update.

Edited by Kaiii3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png