Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Bonanza G36 Ground Handling

Hello all! I've been loving the G36 with Rob's mod, however, the ground handling is TERRIBLE. I always have to use full rudder to keep the plane straight when taking off. When I land, it will sometimes veer opff and there is nothing I can do to get the airplane straight unless i hit the brakes and come to a stop. Any idea on how to fix this?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

3 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Hello all! I've been loving the G36 with Rob's mod, however, the ground handling is TERRIBLE. I always have to use full rudder to keep the plane straight when taking off. When I land, it will sometimes veer opff and there is nothing I can do to get the airplane straight unless i hit the brakes and come to a stop. Any idea on how to fix this?

I've encountered this but I've only encountered this in strongish xwinds. Which leads me to wonder if this was modeled in to account for the aircraft handling limits in x winds ?

I could be wrong. Not my level of expertise but when it does happen the winds are pretty strong in my experience so i chalk it up to that.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

this link you may find of interest:  https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/prop-wash-ruins-the-entire-ground-handling-in-msfs.450028/

until this ridiculous anomaly is dealt with, i for one will consider it renders this simulation unfit for purpose ..... courtesy of its destroying the immersion factor ... what is the point of flying

through whizz-bang top-notch scenery etc. to have the start or end of one's flight destroyed by this particular can of worms?? Grousing is the easy bit .... how to seek a solution the bigger issue!

What you are witnessing is the coming to grips with multiple input devices.  There are multiple settings to fix this but finding the right combo is hard.

I'm still testing but found a Rudder Authority of -.5 may help.   

Cheers 

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I appreciate your perspective bs, but question the wider issue i.e. that a factor such as ground handling is up to the user to sort by fiddling with figures .... no other sim i've used including and since FSX,

put the problem of ground handling in the hands(no pun intended) of the user, we all took it for granted as a crucial and essential part of the package we paid for ... what makes MSFS different??

Should you not have checked out the link i give above, suggest you do so, as it makes interesting reading ...

Edited by AKStirling

PS, I've been simming for 15 years and I have NEVER encountered something like this until MSFS 2020. I might have missed it but if anyone has a fix or a tweak in for the CFG, please let me know. Thanks!

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

Anyone find a solution for this? It's very very bad...

If you enable take off assist in settings it helps with ridiculous weather vaning but yea not very realistic 

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

@iFlySimX As Thomas said, "Takeoff assist" in the settings is all that can really be done until Asobo fix it. I find the rudder too sensitive with my pedals by default, turning the sensitivity down helped too.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 hours ago, ckyliu said:

@iFlySimX As Thomas said, "Takeoff assist" in the settings is all that can really be done until Asobo fix it. I find the rudder too sensitive with my pedals by default, turning the sensitivity down helped too.

I'll try that. 

SU5 changed some settings around the rudder. I had to reset auto rudder and then all was well!

7 minutes ago, vfr66 said:

SU5 changed some settings around the rudder. I had to reset auto rudder and then all was well!

Where did you do this?

It is frustrating to have a nice flight (maybe even without a CTD) and a solid landing but the roll-out and the taxi are all over the place. As stated above, it is an immersion breaker for sure.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

41 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

It is frustrating to have a nice flight (maybe even without a CTD) and a solid landing but the roll-out and the taxi are all over the place. As stated above, it is an immersion breaker for sure.

I reset the rudder sensitivity settings and that has helped!