Sign in to follow this  
Airhead

B350 Gauges have disappeared?

I get the panel, but everything where gauges are supposed to go is blank! Now, I have added quite a few airplanes -- feeware and payware -- and when I can, I tell it "no" when asked to overwrite something (which it never has) when installing new aircraft. But I don't know what the installers are doing. I also know that somewhere in these files are .cfg files where I could check for the gauges files pulled by cfg and see if they are even there. I guess what I'm saying is, I have no idea where to even begin troubeshooting and I have no idea what caused it to begin with.

Arghhhh! All of my "panels" in my "panels" folder refers to the C182!!!! I need a new "panels" folder for the B350!!

All I have to do is figure out how to obtain a copy of the real folder ....

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

I have no idea where to even begin troubeshooting and I have no idea what caused it to begin with.

If you go to the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350 folder, and open up the panel.cfg file with Notepad, you will find something like:

[VCockpit01]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Kingair_1
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=KingAir!Itt1, 0, 0, 74, 74
gauge01=KingAir!Itt2, 79, 0, 74, 74
gauge02=KingAir!Torque1, 0, 74, 74, 74
gauge03=KingAir!Torque2, 79, 74, 74, 74
gauge04=KingAir!PropRpm1, 0, 148, 74, 74
gauge05=KingAir!PropRpm2, 79, 148, 74, 74
etc

All the panel gauges are inside the KingAir.dll file in FSX\Gauges

Do you have that dll file?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Hey! Thanks a lot! 

Thankfully, I have a bit of experience with text-based stuff like this (QuickBasic, VisualBasic for Applications, and the old Autoexec.bat and Config.sys) so I took what you pointed out, compared other panel.cfg files, and worked it out.

Thanks again!

• Like 1