Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Working Title g3000 v0.6.1

Is anyone having any issues with this latest mod?  v0.5.1 ran very well for me - the WT mods have always been great so I updated when the latest version came out.  I took a flight with it before activating the charts feature and everything was good.  I then activated charts and it seemed to be working well prior to takeoff.  About halfway through my flight i dropped to a framerate of about 1 and couldn't do much of anything - then I couldn't even close the sim, so I had to go with the Task Manager.

After rebooting my system I tried to reload the flight and couldn't even start the aircraft (TBM).  I've now reloaded with v0.5.1 and all is well.

Randall Rocke

Similar experience for me with both WT G3000 v0.6.0 and 0.6.1. FPS OK initially (around 40 FPS on the ground) until I take off then FPS drop to 5-10 FPS not long after being airborne. I reverted to v0.5.1 and everything is back to normal. I use Navigraph NavData, may be it has an impact somehow, but did not test without it (don't want to).

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I appreciate the info - tells me that my experience isn't a one-off,

I know that v0.6.1 has other improvements (not just charts) and she ran fine in the first flight.  I attempted to turn off the charts in the next start-up but there didn't seem to be a way to do it.  It could be that the option to "login automatically" then made it impossible to disconnect from Navigraph.

I will reinstate 6.1 after I obtain a new download.  I can do without the charts as I always have them available with Navigraph running in its own window - just thought it would be nice to have them right there in the MFD.

It just occurred to me that maybe having Navigraph charts running at the same time may have created some type of conflict with the g3000 integration - I'm going to leave it be for now.  I'm also looking forward to testing the PMS50-GTN 750 integration.

Randall Rocke

There's an issue with 6.1 that causes a slow down due to problems parsing data for European airports (at least thats what WT think is causing it).

They are looking at a fix at the moment....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

After this patch am noticing some stutters and long pauses at times, however weather depiction is much improved.

Unfortunately post patch BOTH the WT G1000/G3000 are not working with full CTD's. The WT CJ4 is however working fine....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

10 FPS Happens flying TBM 930 around Puget Sound (Washington State / Seattle) and eventually leads to CTD.

Remove ONLY WT 0.6.x and install WT 0.5.1 and I see a steady 30 - 32 FPS on identical flight path with never a CTD

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I repeated my failed flight from yesterday using 0.5.1 and all was well.  I'm going to try a fresh install of 0.6.1 one more time (without integrating Navigraph) to see if it runs properly.

Randall Rocke

47 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

There's an issue with 6.1 that causes a slow down due to problems parsing data for European airports (at least thats what WT think is causing it).

They are looking at a fix at the moment....

G

One of the flights I had the issue with was indeed in Europe.  However, it also failed (basically locked up) in one other flight over Central America.

Randall Rocke

49 minutes ago, RandallR said:

One of the flights I had the issue with was indeed in Europe.  However, it also failed (basically locked up) in one other flight over Central America.

Obviously some issues with it, as the new patch seems to have been in testing for a while. ~I've gone back to v5.1 until it's sorted.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Yep - it locked up once more after a clean install of the 6.1 mod.  I've gone back to 5.1 and all is well again.

Randall Rocke