Sign in to follow this  
jmfabio

Logitech Flight Panels won't work

Hi all It's me again!

I have the Logitech (Saitek) Switch, radio and multi panels. I am trying to get them to work in MSFS (2020). I had them working fine in FSX.

Here is what I have done:

1. Watched pilot Studd's video

2. downloaded the latest plug in available. 12/2020

3. Installed said plugin

4. In control panel set power management NOT to turn them of to save power.

5. Started MSFS (via FSUIPC)

6.  Panels don't work

7. Check to see if plug in was running via task manager ---It wasn't. Exited MSFS.

8. Started plug in by running as administrator

9. Checked task manager to see if it was running it was.

10.  Started MSFS (via FSUIPC)

11. Get notification that Logitech plugin is already running. I click ok.

12. Plug in disappears from task manager.

13. MSFS loads and panels don't work.

I have washed and repeated I don't know how many times. Still not working.  Anyone have any other ideas? I'm fresh out.

Thanks in advance Joe

Get used to disappointment - The Dread Pirate Roberts

Change USB port

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

filou thanks for the reply. I have switch different ports and forgot to mention that when I test the panels with the test software they test fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmfabio said:

filou thanks for the reply. I have switch different ports and forgot to mention that when I test the panels with the test software they test fine.

Ok . I  do not use  FSUIPC and i have also the multi panel.I only downloaded the driver for MSFS and everything worked.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, jmfabio said:

Hi all It's me again!

I have the Logitech (Saitek) Switch, radio and multi panels. I am trying to get them to work in MSFS (2020). I had them working fine in FSX.

Here is what I have done:

1. Watched pilot Studd's video

2. downloaded the latest plug in available. 12/2020

3. Installed said plugin

4. In control panel set power management NOT to turn them of to save power.

5. Started MSFS (via FSUIPC)

6.  Panels don't work

7. Check to see if plug in was running via task manager ---It wasn't. Exited MSFS.

8. Started plug in by running as administrator

9. Checked task manager to see if it was running it was.

10.  Started MSFS (via FSUIPC)

11. Get notification that Logitech plugin is already running. I click ok.

12. Plug in disappears from task manager.

13. MSFS loads and panels don't work.

I have washed and repeated I don't know how many times. Still not working.  Anyone have any other ideas? I'm fresh out.

Thanks in advance Joe

I got overly frustrated with the plugins for MSFS so I started using SPAD.NEXT. everything works the way I want now.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

19 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I got overly frustrated with the plugins for MSFS so I started using SPAD.NEXT. everything works the way I want now.

It was so easy for me.

I just took out FSUIPC, thinking that might make a difference. NONE!

@filou does starting MSFS start the plugin? or must it be started by itself?

Downloading spadnext  trial.

Edited by jmfabio

If I remember correctly. I plugged in the multi panel. I downloaded and installed the drivers. I turned on MSFS. I turned off. I restarted my computer and restarted MSFS

10 minutes ago, filou said:

If I remember correctly. I plugged in the multi panel. I downloaded and installed the drivers. I turned on MSFS. I turned off. I restarted my computer and restarted MSFS

issue with using the plugins is that if an aircraft is using custom LVARS like the CRJ or the PA28, they won't work in MSFS. You need a program that can access LVAR bridge and send different  values to the sim

9 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Le problème avec l'utilisation des plugins est que si un avion utilise des LVARS personnalisés comme le CRJ ou le PA28, ils ne fonctionneront pas dans MSFS. Vous avez besoin d'un programme qui peut accéder au pont LVAR et envoyer différentes valeurs à la sim

Ok I understand about CRJ / PA28  I only use the A320 FBW airliner and no problem with this one.

1 minute ago, filou said:

Ok I understand about CRJ / PA28  I only use the A320 FBW airliner and no problem with this one.

Well actually there is already variable you can't change in the A320FBW and it's only going to get worst as they do custom AP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

En fait, il y a déjà une variable que vous ne pouvez pas changer dans l'A320FBW et cela ne fera qu'empirer car ils font des AP personnalisés.

Yes that's what I fear.

31 minutes ago, filou said:

Yes that's what I fear.

C'est inévitable. Tous les avions de type complex vont avoir des variables personallisées. C'est pour ca que je disais que le plugin est pas terrible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

C'est inévitable. Tous les avions de type complex vont avoir des variables personallisées. C'est pour ca que je disais que le plugin est pas terrible

But there is also the solution of new drivers.

I have the Saitek (now Logitech) Pro flight switch panel and it works OK.

By the moment a flight should be loaded first and then fire the Logitech Flight simulator plugin