Sign in to follow this  
jmfabio

Logitech Flight Panels won't work

2 hours ago, filou said:

If I remember correctly. I plugged in the multi panel. I downloaded and installed the drivers. I turned on MSFS. I turned off. I restarted my computer and restarted MSFS

Same here. Downloaded the latest driver, plugged it in and it worked, although it is worth bearing in mind that there are some MSFS aeroplanes it does not work with, so to make sure this is not what you are experiencing. Definitely works on the default Diamond DA62.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The panels are working fine for me .  The only bug I get is that if I quit out of MSFS and go back in during the same windows session, I sometimes I get a message that the Saitek panels are already running, and then sometimes the autopilot display doesn't light up at all, although the dial still works, so I just use the autopilot display in the aircraft to be able to set altitude etc.

Strange how so many people have different experiences.  I know two PC's are never the same, but sometimes, I swear Asobo are conducting a social experiment by giving us all different versions of the sim and seeing what our reactions are! 😀

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I downloaded SPAD but the Multipanel display was still not working.

I Googled ‘Multipanel display blank’ and came up with a YouTube video showing how to change a registry entry for your device. It worked for me. 
The video is by ‘Captain Banks’ and entitled’ Logitech Saitek Pro flight Multi Panel screen not turning on fix!’

Hope this helps someone.

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

and then sometimes the autopilot display doesn't light up at all, although the dial still works

Locate the Saitek devices in Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices.  Check the Properties for each.  Under Power Management deselect Allow Windows to Turn Off This Device to Save Power.  There were also a couple of small apps to patch the Windows Registry entries for Saitek devices.  I originally found the patch app on the Spad:Next site so you might ask over there.  I have not used my Saitek Multipanel with my current system.  I am now using Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo instead.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

21 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Locate the Saitek devices in Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices.  Check the Properties for each.  Under Power Management deselect Allow Windows to Turn Off This Device to Save Power.  There were also a couple of small apps to patch the Windows Registry entries for Saitek devices.  I originally found the patch app on the Spad:Next site so you might ask over there.  I have not used my Saitek Multipanel with my current system.  I am now using Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo instead.

Sincere thanks for that - I will give it a go!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I am still shaking my head over this. What I get from the replies is that the plugin works differently for different people.

It works no problem for chock. fogbound turtle uses spadnext. rayharris uses spad but still doesn't work. and some need to patch the registry.

I only have default planes installed: super deluxe. I will give it another go today after I get caffeined up.

I appreciate the responses. More later.

• Like 1

Get used to disappointment - The Dread Pirate Roberts

6 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

I downloaded SPAD but the Multipanel display was still not working.

I Googled ‘Multipanel display blank’ and came up with a YouTube video showing how to change a registry entry for your device. It worked for me. 
The video is by ‘Captain Banks’ and entitled’ Logitech Saitek Pro flight Multi Panel screen not turning on fix!’

Hope this helps someone.

That's probably because you didn't know how to use it. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Well After less than 1/2 hour with spadnext, all three panels are working in MSFS. Simple default profiles, but they work and it seems as though this is the way I am going to go. What a breeze.

regards to all that responded, I appreciate the time and effort.

Joe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmfabio said:

Well After less than 1/2 hour with spadnext, all three panels are working in MSFS. Simple default profiles, but they work and it seems as though this is the way I am going to go. What a breeze.

regards to all that responded, I appreciate the time and effort.

Joe

Yes. If you install the LVAR bridge for MSFS 2020 (beta branch), you can also control the CRJ using the multipanel. If you need help with Spad.next don't hesitate to reach out to me. I am getting pretty familiar with it. 

@Fogbound turtle, Thanks for the offer.

There's a program that automatically fixes the USB power issue with all the Saitek/Logitech panels. The page for it is no longer available, but if you go through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine you can get it. https://web.archive.org/web/20201001115703/http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

James

Hello FogBoundTrutle,

Are you aware of a link (video or document) that is helpful for a beginner who isn't at all familiar with Spad.next, and not hugely computer savvy?

Thanks

Edited by aatd
clarity

1 minute ago, aatd said:

Hello FogBoundTrutle,

Are you aware of a link (video or document) that is helpful for a beginner who isn't at all familiar with Spad.next, and not hugely computer savvy?

Brian

Vancouver

Hey Brian, you know this is a flight sim right ? nothing come easy. Maybe if you ask a few question I can help you ? If not they do have a forum an a ticketing system available to  you.