Sign in to follow this  
Guest kimdahl

My Virtual Cockpits are not activated by F9

Guest cliffie1931

When first flying FSX I had the choice of F9 for the VC or F10 for the 2-D cockpit.Now I only have 2-D. I've tried Views/New View/Cockpit/Virtual cockpit but this produces the VC in a small window rather than on the main screen.Please..where am I going wrong?Cliff

Probably need to reset the cockpit preferencesin the "display" menu..MK

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks for replying so promptly MK but that doesn't appear to be the solution.The settings in the display menu are:Global Setting "Medium High""3-D Virtual Cockpit" is ticked"High resolution 3.D Cockpit" is ticked.Choosing an aircraft gets me into the 2-D cockpit. Hitting F9 has no effect and hitting "W" also doesn't produce the 3_D cockpit.Now for a futher mystery. I tried another tack as follows:ViewsView modeCockpit. Then the next drop down menu shows Cockpit as ticked. I select Virtual Cockpit and I'm placed back in the aircraft in the desired 3-D mode. Fine so far.If I hit F10 then I get back to 2-D. HOWEVER trying to return to 3-D by hitting F9 results in what appears to be a dead F9 key.Regards,Cliff

I seem to have developed exactly the same problem and it happened after I had installed the excellent RealAir SF260. I have also tried to 'reactivate' F9 key but like the originator of this thread, no luck.

Guest kimdahl

Have any of you tried pressing "A" to toggle between the 2D and 3D views??Best regardsKim Dahl

Guest cliffie1931

Bingo Kim!I've also been flying the new Marchetti but you've solved the problem. Hitting "A" gives access to the 3-D cockpit and that's all that's important. I don't need F9 now.My thanks for your time and suggestion.Cliff (In Spain)

Guest kimdahl

You're welcome :-)"A" is very useful in all view modes to shift between the different available views. In the outside view it can be used to shift between the "floating" spot view and the fixed spot view (which I prefer) etc...Kim