Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

The 1.15.10 release notes are absolutely accurate

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, I don't. Why would throttles or prop reduce when you hit the esc key? Makes no sense.

Because ASOBO... 🤣😂🤣

Sense is optional.

It's an issue that they have acknowledged, surprised you've not had it. Perhaps it is more set-up dependent than they said....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, I don't. Why would throttles or prop reduce when you hit the esc key? Makes no sense.

It's a confirmed bug and affects me and many others that use several control devices. I use Honecomb Alpha and Bravo every time when I resume a flight after pausing with ESC, the throttle sets to 50% and the mixer axis to 0. Extremely annoying.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Because ASOBO... 🤣😂🤣

Sense is optional.

It's an issue that they have acknowledged, surprised you've not had it. Perhaps it is more set-up dependent than they said....

G

I keep trying to get this bug but nothing yet and I use escape a couple of times a flight but then my controls are very limited.. just a keyboard, mouse and joystick..  no rudder pedals for me.. which I know was touted as a possible cause early on..

Sorry for those that do get it, but I haven't seen it yet and I fly all of the default aircraft and all of the addon aircraft EXCEPT the CRJ.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I just updated the sim and still have the issue.

Before

HNJhg6b.png

After checking options

3XXlyCW.png

It's ludicrous! 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well. I have not experienced this issue yet.  But that is because for a wide variety of other issues I am logging my hours in a previous sim.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Duplicate edited out.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm not affected by the ESC bug either, but have only flying the JF Arrow since the latest patch.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have the issue as well. As a temporary, albeit annoying workaround, switch to the drone camera before hitting Esc. This should prevent the axis being affected when you resume.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

20 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

I keep trying to get this bug but nothing yet and I use escape a couple of times a flight but then my controls are very limited.. just a keyboard, mouse and joystick..  no rudder pedals for me.. which I know was touted as a possible cause early on..

It is only controls that are set to an axes, and thinking about it, sure that rudder pedals were a causal factor, all rather bizarre to be honest...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Despite the growing pains, this is what keeps me coming back:

YBIFVBV.png

ePFKhyV.png

5O1HfnO.png

Jose

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. And I use the esc key plenty ot times during flights.

Really?? 🙃

• Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

12 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I have the issue as well. As a temporary, albeit annoying workaround, switch to the drone camera before hitting Esc. This should prevent the axis being affected when you resume.

Thanks for the tip! 😉

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I thought I would just reinforce the information that it seems to be bugged only if you have rudder pedals attached, so that is why a lot of people don't see the issue (including me).

I am amazed at the over-zealous attitude some have to defending the sim and Asobo at all costs, above thinking about the end user and fellow simmer a bit more.  It is a real issue, even if you don't have rudder pedals and don't see it yourself, but there are some that always seem to want to accuse the end user or shout 'operator error'.

There may be other peripherals that trigger the bug other than rudder pedals, but rudder pedals seem to be the main factor.

I have the Airbus joystick, mouse, Xbox game-pad (for moving the camera around), and the Saitek Autopilot and general controls panel, and I don't see it.

I am seriously thinking of rudder pedals though as I want to control the braking better and I have no more variable axis controls left, so hopefully the bug will be fixed soon.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

For many users, getting out of the sim with the ESC key (not the Active Pause key, isn't it David 🤣 ?) rescales axes to 50%, for me throttle, mixture and RPM. This is a well known bug from the last update, acknowledged by them.  There are long threads here and there on the topic.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I thought I would just reinforce the information that it seems to be bugged only if you have rudder pedals attached, so that is why a lot of people don't see the issue (including me).

I use the TM Warthog HOTAS with no pedals and experience the bug. I totally get what you're saying and people on the forum can tell you I am one of the most positive and optimistic people about MSFS but I have to be honest where issues crop up. Yes, the sim has issues but I choose to not treat them like they will be with us forever as if Asobo will never get around to them. I also keep in mind that this is supposed to be a 10 year project. There has to be a balance.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.