Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Now this is an interesting UFO documentary.

Maybe where you live.  But look at the mass shootings and violence in our big cities in the United States.  Gangs.  Organized crime. The number of cases where the police shoot first and ask questions later and use holds n suspects they are detaining that cause their death.

There are neighborhoods in our big cities that you walk through at your own peril if you are not the right color.

I suggested once that we should fly our flags at half mast until we can go a week without a mass shooting (3 or more fatalities) or the death of a police suspect.

And children.  Even in my rather benign city children don't walk to school anymore.  They either take a school bus or their parents drive them to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon.  I live just two blocks from a school and our street is almost blocked with cars waiting to pick their kids up from school.

When my brother and I were growing up in San Francisco n the 40s and 50s we had the run of the city.  We lived a mile or perhaps a bit more from Market Street, the main downtown area.  We would stat out in the morning and make the rounds of all the department stores that had toy departments and then make our way back home through Chinatown.  Nobody thought of child abduction like they fear now.

These are may not b the worst of times, but they are not the best of times either at home or in our numerous 20 year + and still going war zones.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Maybe where you live.  But look at the mass shootings and violence in our big cities in the United States.

The entire species is not merely  those in the United States. When determining the extent of such a phenomonon compared to the past we look at the entire plant, we don't cherry pick one country.

6 hours ago, martin-w said:

The entire species is not merely  those in the United States. When determining the extent of such a phenomonon compared to the past we look at the entire plant, we don't cherry pick one country.

But it can't be ignored either.  It all contributes to the whole.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

But it can't be ignored either.  It all contributes to the whole.

Noel

Yes it does contribute to the whole. Low crime rate, nice places to live, do too. Its no diferant to climate change, its not what's happening down your road, it's average trend over the whole planet. Climate change deniers make the same mistake.

5 hours ago, martin-w said:

Climate change deniers make the same mistake.

I see climate change here.  For instance we had no winter this year.  We had a long fall that merged into an early spring.  And no snow and very little rain.  Also see it in bird migrations, especially the Mississippi Kites which should have arrived by now.

BTW...I got an e-mail from Alan Ampolsk yesterday and he told me to pass on his regards to you.  He's very busy and has no time for the forum now.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

23 hours ago, birdguy said:

I noticed as triangular vehicle was egressing the area it appeared that it was leaving contrails from multiple engines

23 hours ago, birdguy said:

I think the triangular UFO you refer to wasn't a real UFO video, it was just something the makers of the documentary threw in to illustrate. Annoying when they do that, they mix genuine photographs and footage with their interpretations. They did it quite a bit in this documentary. 

I see climate change here.  For instance we had no winter this year. 

If it were just your neck of the woods I would be saying too local to be definitive. But its not, the season are changing all over the planet. In the UK our summer is arriving earlier each year. Been happening for 50 years now.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:42 AM, martin-w said:

Climate change deniers make the same mistake.

There you go again.  Climate change alarmists also make the same mistake.  They breathlessly report things like "hottest Summer ever in the U.S.", "record-breaking temperatures in Phoenix", or "unprecedented snow due to climate change".  However, there is no historical context and the biased reporters fail to reveal that the weather in those areas is by no means unusual or unprecedented. 

We are actually entering a global cooling period which will last 25+ years.  This will be obvious to most people and hopefully will shatter the climate change alarmism once and for all.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

On 5/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, birdguy said:

Maybe where you live.  But look at the mass shootings and violence in our big cities in the United States.  Gangs.  Organized crime. The number of cases where the police shoot first and ask questions later and use holds n suspects they are detaining that cause their death.

Yes, compared to the brief period in U.S. history in the mid-20th century, violence is worse lately.  The 1980s and 1990s were probably worse, though.

However, compared to most of human history, the 20th and 21st centuries are the safest and least violent ever.  People are more free and prosperous than they have ever been.

Dave

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

27 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

However, compared to most of human history, the 20th and 21st centuries are the safest and least violent ever.  People are more free and prosperous than they have ever been.

Yeah, the 20th and 21st century gave us World War 1, World War2, Korea, Vietnam, and now our forever wars and along with them the technological development to produce super weapons and super soldiers the likes of which the world has never seen.

Our war making technology grows on a par with our space technology.  And how long will it be before we have our first space war?

I was 8 years old when Pearl Harbor was bombed and the United States entered WW2.  My country has been at war somewhere in the world continuously ever since and I have been in two of them and was still in uniform for a third, Desert Storm.  Least violent ever?  I don't think so.

Noel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

There you go again.  Climate change alarmists also make the same mistake.  They breathlessly report things like "hottest Summer ever in the U.S.", "record-breaking temperatures in Phoenix"

The MEDIA often make that mistake, but not climatologists. When climatologists look at record breaking temps for one location they look at it in context. They are cautious before claiming its related to global warming because it could be a natural variation. The backdrop though is that  those record breaking temperatures are occurring all over the globe now, year after year, and we know the average temperature globally is increasing long term.  Thus, record breaking temperatures locally and globally in a warming world is what we would expect. The models are also getting better at giving us a "likelihood" that a localised record temperature is related to climate change. But yes, I agree, its a mistake often made by the media and non-experts. You will find that the experts are prepared to give you a likelihood but are rarely definitive regarding local short term temps. 

We are actually entering a global cooling period which will last 25+ years.  This will be obvious to most people and hopefully will shatter the climate change alarmism once and for all.

That would be great if true, because I for one would love global warming to not be happening. You would have to elaborate on why you believe that to be happening of course. Pretty sure its totally fictitious. Is it solar activity you are talking about? If so, not true.

https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2953/there-is-no-impending-mini-ice-age/

Says it all below...

Temperature record of the last 2,000 years - Wikipedia

P.S. What has this got to do with UFO's? 

Edited by martin-w

When did the topic of this thread change from UFOs to the great climate debate?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

God knows. Any opportunity for some, if they propagate false information I'll do my best to counter it though.

But yes, lets get back to UFO's, before, like all of the other climate change debates, it will be locked. Which would be a shame. 

Edited by martin-w

19 minutes ago, birdguy said:

My country has been at war somewhere in the world continuously ever since and I have been in two of them and was still in uniform for a third, Desert Storm.  Least violent ever?  I don't think so.

Read some books on ancient and medieval history.  There were constant wars, invasions, battles, pillaging, raping, etc.  Human life was cheap for most of history, and the vast majority of folks lived in what would be considered today abject poverty.

Yes, the U.S. has been involved in many unnecessary wars throughout the 20th century, with the exception of WW2.  

Dave

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

When Martin stated this yesterday:

"Its no diferant to climate change, its not what's happening down your road, it's average trend over the whole planet. Climate change deniers make the same mistake."

Dave

35 minutes ago, martin-w said:

That would be great if true, because I for one would love global warming to not be happening. You would have to elaborate on why you believe that to be happening of course. Pretty sure its totally fictitious. Is it solar activity you are talking about? If so, not true.

https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2953/there-is-no-impending-mini-ice-age/

I never said "ice age". 

I said "cooling period".

Time will prove me right.

I'm done.  Back to the original topic, please.

Dave