Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Now this is an interesting UFO documentary.

4 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

But not the construction of spaceships.

Unless they alloys we have not even thought of using materials on the periodic table.

When I was working for General Electric Missile and Space division on the Minute Man III re-entry vehicles the ablative materials on the nose of the re-entry vehicles was classified.  However it was the process that was classified.  In fact Russian visitors to GE headquarters were often given paperweights of the ablative material because they knew the process could not be determined from the material itself.

The extraterrestrials  may have processes to produce alloys that we have not thought of.

Noel

• Like 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

Maybe the stuff is used to treat metals, or in the paint on the things or literally some other process of which we have no concept.

If there is wreckage recovered from a crashed UFO, it would be mostly the outer shell, wouldn't it? That's the part that would consist of alloys of known elements.

Dugald Walker

3 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

That's the part that would consist of alloys of known elements.

But an alloy we never heard of created by a process we have not yet discovered.  It would be strange and unknown to us.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

6 minutes ago, birdguy said:

they knew the process could not be determined from the material itself.

But they could determine the composition of the alloy couldn't they, just not the process used to create it? I refer you back to the Scientific American article where the chemistry professor stated that there are databases which would allow the composition of unknown alloys to be fairly easily determined.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, dmwalker said:

If an unknown alloy appeared

Precisely, an UNKNOWN alloy that was nowhere on this planet. Jam packed with alien NANOBOTS!!! 😁

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

But they are downed by wind shear and down drafts.

Noel

Do you really think an ultra advanced technology that could defy what we regard as the laws of physics would have an issue with downdrafts?

3 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Jam packed with alien NANOBOTS!!!

"I've seen the future and it's nanobots"

Dugald Walker

Armstrong and Miller II - Time Traveller - hilarious!

Dugald Walker

40 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Do you really think an ultra advanced technology that could defy what we regard as the laws of physics would have an issue with downdrafts?

I don't know. Do you?

Flying in space is not like flying in an atmosphere, especially a strange one.  They may come out of autopilot mode and hand fly for some reason.  Severe thunderstorms are not something you want to fly into or even near.  Up drafts and down drafts and golf ball size hailstones in our atmosphere may not be what they have trained for in their atmosphere.  An neither have we.  We just avoid them because they are so dangerous.

Those of us who are or were pilots assume the worst to avoid mishaps.

You are assuming the best and seem to be convinced these supermen never make mistakes.

You are making assumptions on things we really know nothing about and then treating those assumptions as fact.

You may be right.  But there's an equal chance you may be wrong.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1

You guys might like this. 5 of the worlds top behaviour experts analyse a UFO witness. These guys all agreed Bob Lazar was being deceptive but they found this women to be very believable.

Well there goes a half hour of my life I'll never see again.  I didn't watch it all.  All it proves ad infinitum is that the old woman believes what she saw and she is not making it up or lying.  I don't doubt she does believe what she saw.  But what was it she did see?  Many who have seen unexplained or unidentified flying objects absolutely believe it.  It does not in any way prove extraterrestrials or their vehicles are cruising around in our air space.

Noel

15 hours ago, martin-w said:

Project Mogul. Not a weather balloon.

How do you know it was Project Mogul?

Early Project Mogul devices were lifted with a cluster of weather balloons so it's entirely plausible that a Project Mogul would have resulted in weather balloon debris.  Or it could have been regular weather balloon.  Or it could have been a UFO.

It happened almost 75 years ago.  Stories abound.  Who's left to know the real truth?

Noel

Edited by birdguy

I wonder how many of these stratospheric balloons have been by ordinary people who were convinced they were shiny extraterrestrial vehicles that stood still and didn't move.  Good find goates.  I'd never heard of them before.

Noel