Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Now this is an interesting UFO documentary.

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I think that Corbell is a bit more objective than you think. I was watching an interview with him the other day, and he was talking about various things (including the Bob Lazar film that he released), and he mentioned that he had been filming John Lear over a number of years with the intention of doing the same. However, he came to realise that John Lear is simply not credible. Too many wacko theories and stories. He could easily have kept that quiet, and tried to make money from another video.

Just remember one thing with respect to film makers. They need to make money to live, just like the rest of us do.

Hmm... not sure. He certainly wasn't genuine with that Lazar nonsense. Claiming the FBI raided his house to look for element 115 was pathetic. The FBI were there to question Lazar because there was a recent murder using one of the dangerous chemicals Lazar ships around the US. They wanted to know who he sold it too. 

All these definitive claims Corbell makes about the objects using "gravitic propulsion" makes me cringe. 

What do you think of the video I posted? 

Edited by martin-w

Is that disappearing act a product of the low resolution of the image, or an actual change in visibility? I am always sceptical of movie clips that show an object moving in a straight line at a steady pace. Without that "vanishing trick", I would say that it is nothing more than something being carried on the wind.

As for the FBI visiting Bob Lazar's house......I am not so easily convinced that the visit was unrelated to the subject matter of the interview.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Lost the heat signature rather than submerging.

You don't belive that Lazar nonsense do you Chris? 😁

I prefer to keep an open mind, Martin.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fair enough, me too, but in Lazar's case he has been pretty convincingly debunked. Stanton Freidman, a UFO researcher who believed we were being visited by aliens, debunked his nonsense with ease.

The element 115 stuff was the biggest joke.

It's a case of keeping an open mind but not so open our brains fall out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, martin-w said:

It's a case of keeping an open mind but not so open our brains fall out.

I agree,

You would think that with the camera and lens technology today they would have cameras on the bridges of military vessels that would clearly show what unidentified objects are.  The military might have authentic UFO pictures that are classified.  But how long can you keep a secret?  

The Roswell incident happened almost 74 years ago.  Two stories emerged.  One was a crashed UFO and the other was a weather balloon.  Purportedly the alien bodies and crash site debris were transported to Wright Patterson Air Force Base.  It's still a big question mark.  Stories and rumors abound.  Some fake, some misinterpretations and some, perhaps, real.

Several years ago I spoke with a woman here in Roswell who was the daughter of the sheriff at the time.  The story goes her father brought home a piece of foil material that after being crinkled up returned itself to a smooth shape without any marks or creases in it.  She told me she played with it until her father took it back and gave it to the military.  Was her memory authentic or perhaps colored by accounts she later read?  In any case there are many stories, dreams, suppositions, and want to believe accounts of what happened in 1947.

It's a part of Roswell's history and culture now and every 4th of July week-end people come from all over the world to see the parade, dress up like aliens, visit the UFO museum, and generally have a good time.

With the high definition lenses even in iPhones, and half the people in the civilized world carrying these phones around with them, by now some clear pictures would have emerged of UFOs that weren't blurred or faked or misinterpreted.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

You would think that with the camera and lens technology today they would have cameras on the bridges of military vessels that would clearly show what unidentified objects are.  The military might have authentic UFO pictures that are classified.  But how long can you keep a secret?  

It's a fair point. But I guess most of the photographs and footage we have seen is from long range and often at night, hence the lower quality. And yes, I'm sure if this is a genuine phenomenon that we are only seeing the boring stuff, being drip fed as a result of all the requests under the freedom of information laws. 

The Roswell incident happened almost 74 years ago.  Two stories emerged.  One was a crashed UFO and the other was a weather balloon.  Purportedly the alien bodies and crash site debris were transported to Wright Patterson Air Force Base.  It's still a big question mark.  Stories and rumors abound.  Some fake, some misinterpretations and some, perhaps, real.

It was actually three stories. Flying saucer, weather balloon and now we have been told that it was Project Mogul. In my opinion, what probably happened is that, as was common for the day, the military liked to distract the public from what was going on by claiming top secret stuff was a UFO or flying saucer. I think that initial explanation, designed to throw the public (and Russians) off the track, created more attention than they anticipated. So they quickly claimed it was a weather balloon. In reality, I'm 95% certain it was indeed Project Mogul, a top secret program designed to detect Russian nuclear tests.

Several years ago I spoke with a woman here in Roswell who was the daughter of the sheriff at the time.  The story goes her father brought home a piece of foil material that after being crinkled up returned itself to a smooth shape without any marks or creases in it.  She told me she played with it until her father took it back and gave it to the military.  Was her memory authentic or perhaps colored by accounts she later read?  In any case there are many stories, dreams, suppositions, and want to believe accounts of what happened in 1947.

Who knows. Eye witness testimony is infamous for being unreliable. I watched a documentary some years ago, where they investigated strange hieroglyphics that were claimed to be alien writing from the crash, from the original photos. Guess what? It turned out that at that time it was a common decretive pattern on sticky tape. It was Sellotape! 😁

18 minutes ago, martin-w said:

It was Sellotape!

But alien Sellotape, right?

• Like 1

Dugald Walker

Project Mogul started out using weather balloon clusters to carry the microphones into the upper atmosphere.  Later dedicated balloons were developed and deployed.  But if it was a Project Mogul crash than the weather balloon story would fit nicely regardless of which balloons were used.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Now this is worth watching. Commander David Fravor of the famous tic tac Nimitz incident, and for the first time, his wingman on camera together. Previously she had remained anonymous.

These guys are genuine, but what it was remains a mystery.

Chad Underwood also interviewed, who rather logically is of the opinion that the most likely explanation is a foreign government's technology.

"Mr Pope, who worked to investigate UFOs for the MoD in the 90s and worked in Whitehall until 2004, told The Sun Online now it is time for Britain to come clean about its role in investigating UFOs.

Britain was due to release a bombshell UFO dossier in January but this has now been blocked until 2072.

He called for the release of any footage and photos being held by the MoD, with him being in no doubt Royal Navy and Royal Air Force have likely filmed clips similar to what are now being officially released by the US."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14916929/british-military-ufo-videos-tic-tac/?rec_article_amp_dpa=true

That Calvine incident is an interesting one. I am reasonably certain that I remember Nick Pope stating that he had actually seen at least one of the original photographs of that object, and that it was very difficult to explain. Let's hope that the Freedom of Information Act request gets somewhere, but I am not optimistic.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This one?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1660831/ufologist-seeks-hillwalkers-who-photographed-ufo-above-pitlochry-in-1990/

Very interesting indeed. And yes, I think the US report that's supposed to be out in July will be a disappointment for many. They may release a few boring images that might or might not have a conventional explanation but that'll be your lot.

Pretty sure they won't release anything signifcant whether they have been told to or not.

They have been caught lying of course, claiming they weren't interested in UAP's, only for it to be now officially confirmed that AATIP was a thing, so maybe we'll get a smidgen of what they have. Bet you most of it will be 90% redacted.

The footage of the one that dipped into the water. Although it appeared to just vanish to me.

The image is so grainy and low resolution that it is difficult to determine. Nevertheless, the object appears to move from side to side at the start of the clip in a rather unconventional manner.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png