Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Sightseeing in Beijing

Just what it says, a few shots around Beijing with the AviaJam landmarks addon (and Bijan's Seasons packs).

Out from ZBAA, and heading pretty much due west planning to come down to the city centre from the north. Pretty much just following the clusters of PoI popups. I had turned them off initially when the sim came out but then discovered the Mugz mods to enable me to turn them on/off wih a keypress in flight. Now I fly, stay in the cockpit and use the POI markers to cruise around, record the flight and then go back on the replay to explore with the drone, take screenshots etc without the markers showing. It's turned in to a great little system for what I want to do.

So just some generic scenery on the route west
OLMYqps.jpg

Turning south/west, city centre in the distance
DR4pkhF.jpg

To the west of the city is the Summer Palace. Looks like a pleasant place to while away the summer
4PiPe7Z.jpg

rj1cW2a.jpg

Crossing back east to the National Stadium
ePUfsmy.jpg

Then back west a bit and down over the Forbidden City, the Imperial Palace
BFuOo2N.jpg

To the south of the Palace is Tiananmen Square
1x3yoWC.jpg

Looking north over the Square
9zEWXAv.jpg

East side of the square is the National Museum of China
xM7nAAG.jpg

brGwuel.jpg

And to the west is the Great Hall of the People
VMXJ7D4.jpg

S6Io7il.jpg

9exhcNq.jpg

Just south of here is the Temple of Heaven
rUKfVsv.jpg

Then the business district with the China Zun and other modern buildings is a little ways north and east again
Kn7c2fF.jpg

And away we go, off to ZBNY in the south of the city
AwOKMRf.jpg

Plenty more to explore, and it'll be interesting to go take a look at the surrounding landscape - there are some scenic areas and hills to the west that might be worth a visit.

And all from the comfort of my own man-cave.

cheers,

Andy

• Like 7

Ryzen 9 3950X, 64 Gb, Titan RTX, 11 Tb SSD, 24 Tb HD, 40" Philips 4k monitor, MSFS, XP11, AFS2, P3Dv5, FSX (in order of pref)

***Fantastic Shots***

• Like 1

File-Jul-21-6-32-57-PM.png

Patrick