Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

Live weather accuracy significantly WORSE post 1.15.10 patch

Looks like live weather in the sim is currently fed by data that's 24 hours old. Matches my observation from today's flight into EDDH: VCSH and FEW033CB in the METAR, and the weather in sim was a solid cloud formation from 2.500 ft. up to 23.000 ft. and heavy rain all over northern germany, exactly like it was yesterday. Hopefully it's only a server issue and can be fixed quickly, however it surely doesn't hurt to raise awareness at MS/ASOBO. Here's a thread to upvote, and if you have observed similar issues and don't mind file a Zendesk report as well. Thanks.

Edited by Tom_L

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I see the same thing in London: it was raining heavily yesterday here, and today is sunny; just loaded up EGLC in the sim and it's overcast and raining.

Saw the same thing with the Atlanta area yesterday.  The official weather there was reported sunny/partly cloudy but in the sim there were major thunderstorms covering a wide area... Asobo needs to ditch whatever service their using.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I posted a message about this along with some related screenshots in another topic here on Avsim a few minutes ago:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/600012-multiplayer-stuttering-hotfix-115100-is-now-live/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-4530715

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm seeing more accuracy since the update, I live about 3 miles from the local airport and so far, the conditions in the sim have matched what I see out my window.  Yesterday we had a line of rain pass through, changing the partly cloudy skies to rain for a while then clearing up.  Essentially the same weather was depicted in the sim.  So far here (the SE United States) it's more much more accurate than it was before. 

I suspect this is related to the accuracy of the MeteoBlue weather model in local areas so I'm not surprised to see other with different experiences.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

You might want to check/report the reported wind, baro pressure, and temperature as well. MSFS should be taking the quantitative data directly from the R/W METAR, while the sky conditions are depicted based on the METEOBLUE global model.

If one's right and the other wrong, it might help the debugging process for ASOBO. FWIW, it's also raining at EGLC on my system at 1700Z, but the QNH is identical to the current METAR. Wind and temp are a bit off, but the in-sim data may be an hour old.

EDIT

I just ran this test again using REX Weather Force. The in-sim weather is depicted correctly as a sunny day. The quantitative information is close to that depicted by the Live Weather option in the sim.

Edited by jrw4
Added Weather Force info
  • Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

50 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

You might want to check/report the reported wind, baro pressure, and temperature as well. MSFS should be taking the quantitative data directly from the R/W METAR, while the sky conditions are depicted based on the METEOBLUE global model.

If one's right and the other wrong, it might help the debugging process for ASOBO. FWIW, it's also raining at EGLC on my system at 1700Z, but the QNH is identical to the current METAR. Wind and temp are a bit off, but the in-sim data may be an hour old.

EDIT

I just ran this test again using REX Weather Force. The in-sim weather is depicted correctly as a sunny day. The quantitative information is close to that depicted by the Live Weather option in the sim.

Your current experiences and my current experiences match.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Same! Total joke of a game. KMTN now real world - lovely day with scattered clouds around 6K. Load up this GAME and see yesterday's lunch time weather of pouring rain.

Yes the live weather is totally bogus now. I am in Mississippi, calling for partly cloudy, and in MSFS it is teaming rain. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For those seeing real current weather and those who are seeing yesterdays weather ... can you please check to see if you are in the same sim?

Now that is a wee bit sarcastic, but it does highlight the ongoing saga of this sim affecting people differently. This has been an inherent part of this sim since release and nothing seems to be changing in this regard.

I am really looking forward to:

1. a problem free world/Sim/hotfix update, and,

2. The same Simulator being released to all,  preferably one that is problem free.

I am a patient man but I fear this is going to take a long long time LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I keep hoping Asobo will concentrate on getting a base sim that is stable and efficient, with elemental simulation elements rendered appropriately (Weather, terrain and textures and airframe aerodynamics) BEFORE adding new feature sets that are mostly just more unfinished fluff.

Im not one of their bean counters, but I’m still hoping…

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Way off in the Boston area as well.  Currently few clouds at 6,000 and overcast at 25,000 outside my window.  In the sim its pouring absolute buckets.  

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes the live weather is totally bogus now. I am in Mississippi, calling for partly cloudy, and in MSFS it is teaming rain. 

Yes, was flying around KJAN on the day of the patch and…..

The lightning in non towering cumulus clouds is back or never went away. 
Skies were clearing after some nasty weather here on Tuesday. The “clearing” depiction, I thought was ok, but then, flash, boom, bang.

They say it’s not the “big” fix but what have they actually fixed?  I’d rather it stay broken then for them to say they’ve fixed something only to see it’s not.

I do hope the “big” fix works.  Such a shame.

RB

Meteoblue had no rain and a few clouds on their website for Québec and Montréal, clearer towards the latter. Planned flight as VFR. Fired up the sim with no changes to settings but with the dreaded hot fix installed. CYQB had 8 octas of low cloud and pouring rain. So much for a VFR flight.

Question: How to find out if an airport and vicinity is VFR post hot fix?

Just checked here (Netherlands) and Live Weather marches what I see outside.

Checked Frankfurt in MSFS and it matches with what I see in FR24.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0