Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Please vote to open up communications with RXP..

@RXP can you share or directly send me a comprehensive technical description of exactly what you need?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Hooray!!!

This could be a giant step forward.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

41 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

@RXP can you share or directly send me a comprehensive technical description of exactly what you need?

Two avionics gurus in discussion...this is a great start!

• Like 7

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Added my vote! 83 votes so far! So close!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm in at 85!

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Lets just keep this going until RXP and WT can have a proper discussion, with the support of Asobo.  My guess is that something good will come of it, even if we cannot predict exactly what it will be.. :unsure:

• Like 10

Bert

96th

Karl

• Like 2

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Voted #99

• Like 2

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Lets just keep this going until RXP and WT can have a proper discussion, with the support of Asobo.  My guess is that something good will come of it, even if we cannot predict exactly what it will be.. :unsure:

Definitely it will! It is the matter of just nagging Microsoft and Asobo until they realize they need to do it. This is actually what makes the hobby interesting, it is because of the passionate community that we are!

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

42 votes cast, we are on our way..

Please join in!

Voted, the vote count is now 120.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but can someone give a bit of context on what we're voting for?  Are these GTN/GNS addons - if/when available for MSFS - intended to replace glass cockpit instruments (such as G1000), or do they replace radios in steam gauge aircraft?  If the former, how does this overlap with the WT addons?  Also, what is the difference between GTN and GNS?  Yes I have looked at the reality-xp website, but it's not entirely clear for those of us new to simming.

Voted !! Need better avionics in the sim!

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 hours ago, loge said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but can someone give a bit of context on what we're voting for?  Are these GTN/GNS addons - if/when available for MSFS - intended to replace glass cockpit instruments (such as G1000), or do they replace radios in steam gauge aircraft?  If the former, how does this overlap with the WT addons?  Also, what is the difference between GTN and GNS?  Yes I have looked at the reality-xp website, but it's not entirely clear for those of us new to simming.

Yeah they would go into a cockpit with a new space in the gauge cluster...    However if the tech allows they can also go in as a "2d popup."  The gauges are basically just like the real thing - far more advanced than anything in MSFS right now.  Here's an example in the old Realair Legacy for P3D...the default panel option then with configrable GTN's (in this case the developers allowed for dual GTN's).  For me the largest benefit is I would be able to fly any sort of RNAV(GPS) approach with holding patterns (nothing can do this in the sim), missed approaches (only WT CJ4 can do that), and enroute FPL capabilities that also do not exist in MSFS.  Even the new GTN/GNS mod cannot do this stuff.  

51163610298_c2a1e50afb_o.pnglegacyold by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

49461539157_794f13faf5_o.pngUntitled-15 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |