Sign in to follow this  
Mikeingreen

My worst day ever in MSFS

I have had a very trying day trying to finish up the last 2 legs of my ATW trip. It started yesterday really when just about ready to start my approach into BIRK I got my 2nd AMD Driver Time Out error and had a CTD. There was a newer driver available so I installed that yesterday. Today I fired things up and MSFS was a total slideshow, even in the menus. I tried loading up my next FP from SB and everything just locked up. Tried just doing the FP in the World Map and it wouldn't load the flight. Then had to use Task Manager to even get out of MSFS. Tried rebooting my PC but same thing happened. I then rolled back the AMD driver a few versions and things got better, at least it wasn't a slideshow anymore, but every time I took off from BIRK and engaged the AP (WTG3000 6.1) the plane just went into a diving spin. I then deleted the WTG3000 from Community and reinstalled it and now things seem to be back to normal. Could something have gotten screwed up in the WTG3000 file system in Community folder when things crashed yesterday? I find that weird if it did. 

Back to my flight as I am almost to EGPO.

[edit] I said back to normal but I forgot I am not getting any ATC on this flight at all. ATC Window says Com1 not in use. Should make for an interesting Approach and Landing.

Edited by Mikeingreen

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

There's nothjng you can do...I'd take a sledgehammer to your PC a few times to get out the anger!

But seriously that sounds incredibly frustrating.  I would just temporarily clear the community folder and run the sim a few times.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's a 5800x on an X570 Asus board with a 6800XT and 32g of PC3600. I think I will pass on the sledgehammer for now 😉

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

I don’t think AMD will ever persuade me to go with their hardware. No matter what the numbers show, their drivers just seem to negate any hardware advantages.

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I feel the same way about Nvidia. I’ve always had better luck with AMD for the last 8 to 10 years and just stayed with them. To each his own though it’s what makes the world go round

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikeingreen said:

I feel the same way about Nvidia. I’ve always had better luck with AMD for the last 8 to 10 years and just stayed with them. To each his own though it’s what makes the world go round

Just a question, do you happen to have Logitech wireless keyboard or mouse?

14 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I don’t think AMD will ever persuade me to go with their hardware. No matter what the numbers show, their drivers just seem to negate any hardware advantages.

Yet there's people complaining with 3090s!!!

Just now, Gerwil said:

and what would that do?

1 minute ago, canuk22 said:

and what would that do?

Well, on my system the Logitech software definately causes AMD driver time-outs. Causes MSFS to CTD etc. When I quit these Logitech processes before starting the sim:

Logi Overlay, LogiOptionsMgr.exe and LogiOptions.exe

then the sim runs stable.

11 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I have had a very trying day trying to finish up the last 2 legs of my ATW trip. It started yesterday really when just about ready to start my approach into BIRK I got my 2nd AMD Driver Time Out error and had a CTD. There was a newer driver available so I installed that yesterday. Today I fired things up and MSFS was a total slideshow, even in the menus. I tried loading up my next FP from SB and everything just locked up. Tried just doing the FP in the World Map and it wouldn't load the flight. Then had to use Task Manager to even get out of MSFS. Tried rebooting my PC but same thing happened. I then rolled back the AMD driver a few versions and things got better, at least it wasn't a slideshow anymore, but every time I took off from BIRK and engaged the AP (WTG3000 6.1) the plane just went into a diving spin. I then deleted the WTG3000 from Community and reinstalled it and now things seem to be back to normal. Could something have gotten screwed up in the WTG3000 file system in Community folder when things crashed yesterday? I find that weird if it did. 

Back to my flight as I am almost to EGPO.

[edit] I said back to normal but I forgot I am not getting any ATC on this flight at all. ATC Window says Com1 not in use. Should make for an interesting Approach and Landing.

I spoke with tech support today, for my PC maker, and told him the issues I have had with driver timeouts, as well as screen freezes, and CTDs, and they are sending me a new GPU. That might fix some of the issues I am having, but I am pretty certain that it is not going to fix all of them. MSFS has more bugs  than a $30 a night hotel room in Manhattan. I just did a complete reinstall of Msfs, and I got my blue progress bar, which I haven't seen in weeks, back, as well as frequent spinning circle on the lower right as I am flying. I am on my fourth successful flight today, but flying the Arrow 3 seems to be a disaster, so I have switched to the Mooney. Firing up MSFS is always an adventure, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Maybe still true for graphics drivers but the 5900x rocks!

Cheers

bs ☘️

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

and they are sending me a new GPU.

Make sure to rub it on your fuzzy sweater afew times.

Regards

bs ☘️

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

22 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

No, Razer wired K/b and mouse. Flight controls are Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Pro Pedals, and TM TCA Sidekick Airbus.

15 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

Well, on my system the Logitech software definately causes AMD driver time-outs. Causes MSFS to CTD etc. When I quit these Logitech processes before starting the sim:

Logi Overlay, LogiOptionsMgr.exe and LogiOptions.exe

then the sim runs stable.

I have a logitech wireless mouse, but there is no software with it. It just transmits via a USB receiver. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I re-installed windows + MSFS as i upgraded my cpu recently . I could confirm 100% after many flights and tests with different aircrafts + A32nx & CRJ700  that MSFS is stable with not even 1 ctd and errors.

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition