Sign in to follow this  
Mikeingreen

My worst day ever in MSFS

9 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

No, Razer wired K/b and mouse. Flight controls are Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Pro Pedals, and TM TCA Sidekick Airbus.

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have a logitech wireless mouse, but there is no software with it. It just transmits via a USB receiver. 

Ah okay, this doesn't apply to you both then. Good luck finding the culprit, which I also think is MSFS itself for the most part. A new GPU card won't make much of a difference Bobsk8, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

Ah okay, this doesn't apply to you both then. Good luck finding the culprit, which I also think is MSFS itself for the most part. A new GPU card won't make much of a difference Bobsk8, I'm afraid.

Yes, I am not betting the farm on the GPU fixing anything, frankly. AMD has had driver issues for years. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, canuk22 said:

Yet there's people complaining with 3090s!!!

I’m guessing that’s more to do with MSFS’s engine optimization than Nvidia’s drivers, as everything else I play looks and performs amazingly with my 3090 (RDR2? Chef’s kiss).

Not that Nvidia’s drivers are perfect by any means of course...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Mikeingreen said:

It's a 5800x on an X570 Asus board with a 6800XT and 32g of PC3600. I think I will pass on the sledgehammer for now 😉

The only ever time msfs ctd on me and it was a driver timeout i had overclocked the gpu past 2550 mhz and i had known that was my cards hard overclock limit because i had spent a few good hours pushing my card through timespy and heaven benchmarks to know exactly where i wasn't supposed to venture past. I got greedy and thought i may get away with it since (erroneously i thought the sim may be slightly less hard on the card.  Card operates flawlessly once i dialed back the OC.

5700xt cards are a different kettle of fish and their issues are well documented but 6800xt aren't supposed to give issues.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

15 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I’m guessing that’s more to do with MSFS’s engine optimization than Nvidia’s drivers, as everything else I play looks and performs amazingly with my 3090 (RDR2? Chef’s kiss).

Not that Nvidia’s drivers are perfect by any means of course...

They arent .. by any stretch of the imagination.. To me both of them are on the same level. No brand loyalty here. I just don't have these driver timeouts everyone else seem to have. The one time it happened i knew it was my fault and dialed it back.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I have only gotten the timeouts with the 6800xt, never with my old Vega64. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

3 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

but every time I took off from BIRK and engaged the AP (WTG3000 6.1) the plane just went into a diving spin. I then deleted the WTG3000 from Community and reinstalled it and now things seem to be back to normal. Could something have gotten screwed up in the WTG3000 file system in Community folder when things crashed yesterday? I find that weird if it did

This statement caught my eye. YES, some of us have been having issues with the latest WTg3000 v0.6.1 mod. It literally brought my flights to a crashing halt.  I finally removed it, deleted and recreated my rolling cache and reinstalled the WT v0.5.1 mod.  All the issues are gone and everything is smooth again - might be worth checking out in your case.

Randall Rocke

36 minutes ago, RandallR said:

This statement caught my eye. YES, some of us have been having issues with the latest WTg3000 v0.6.1 mod. It literally brought my flights to a crashing halt.  I finally removed it, deleted and recreated my rolling cache and reinstalled the WT v0.5.1 mod.  All the issues are gone and everything is smooth again - might be worth checking out in your case.

I had been using 6.1 since it came out with no issues until today and it was working fine after redoing it but who knows. I had to leave and go to my Grandson’s school concert and now headed back home. I am really interested to see if ATC comes back on another flight. I have no idea what happened there as I have never saw that happen before. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

At least one person I was in conversation with reported that there is some connection btwn performance issues w 0.6.1 and flying in Europe and that WT was aware of it and working on it.  Here's what happened to me:

• I switched to 0.6.1 but didn't engage the chart feature - everything was fine for a couple of flights.
  • I activated the charts feature as a Navigraph subscriber and started a new flight over Europe. Halfway through my flight, the sim basically crashed (1-2 FPS then locked up). I'd never had issues before.
  • I had to use Task Manager to close the sim.
  • I rebooted and tried again, this time in Central America.  Once again, everything went well for about half the flight, then it locked up.
  • I then replaced the mod with a clean version of 0.6.1 (without the charts feature on) and did another flight in Europe - it locked up again.
  • I cleaned everything out, reverted to the 0.5.1 version and everything has been OK since.

When I saw you had been running 0.6.1 I thought it worth mentioning.

Randall Rocke

Finally figured it all out. Tried the newest driver, released today, but back to the slideshow. Driver from March works fine, so back to that. But still had no ATC, but only in Europe it looks like. Thinking something got screwed up in the TBM files themselves, I deleted the TBM and let MSFS reinstall on the next load, but still no ATC. Next checked Navigraph Data to reinstall that and it had somehow uninstalled itself according to the installer. Reinstalled that and ATC is back. I am going to bed.

Not saying problems are all hardware related, but I stick with a combination I know is stable: Gigabyte, Intel & Nvidia. 

On the software side, no 3rd party AV, no 3rd party software other than MSFS2020 and minimal add ons. Keep all drivers and Windows up to date. 

Performance is good and I've had one CTD since release (caused by Navigraph) 

Hope you get things sorted. 

6 hours ago, RandallR said:

At least one person I was in conversation with reported that there is some connection btwn performance issues w 0.6.1 and flying in Europe and that WT was aware of it and working on it.  Here's what happened to me:

• I switched to 0.6.1 but didn't engage the chart feature - everything was fine for a couple of flights.
  • I activated the charts feature as a Navigraph subscriber and started a new flight over Europe. Halfway through my flight, the sim basically crashed (1-2 FPS then locked up). I'd never had issues before.
  • I had to use Task Manager to close the sim.
  • I rebooted and tried again, this time in Central America.  Once again, everything went well for about half the flight, then it locked up.
  • I then replaced the mod with a clean version of 0.6.1 (without the charts feature on) and did another flight in Europe - it locked up again.
  • I cleaned everything out, reverted to the 0.5.1 version and everything has been OK since.

When I saw you had been running 0.6.1 I thought it worth mentioning.

That's 0.6.2 out now, so far no sign of the issue....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

MSFS is freezing and waiting too much at "Checking for Updates" screen 😞 😞 

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I think the majority of "unusual issues" people have are down to one of two things - issues with the computer (unstable OC, driver problems, background apps, etc) or some mod or the combination of mods in Community folder.

20 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I think the majority of "unusual issues" people have are down to one of two things - issues with the computer (unstable OC, driver problems, background apps, etc) or some mod or the combination of mods in Community folder.

I think the root of my problems was the Navigraph data deleting itself, whatever caused that. MSFS was trying to find that data and couldn't but kept looking. After putting that data back in the FP's loaded up instantly and with all the waypoints, ATC was back, and there was no lagging in the menus. I at first thought the AMD driver was causing it but now I am thinking it's not. Going to go back to the newer driver today to test that. 

So background apps may have been my culprit. Overclocking is not as my system is all running at stock clocks as all settings are on Auto. But it could also be another backgound app contributed as well with the WTG3000 6.1 Mod. It will be interesting to see what happens with their update. 

Edited by Mikeingreen