Sign in to follow this  
Mikeingreen

My worst day ever in MSFS

18 hours ago, scotchegg said:

heir drivers just seem to negate any hardware advantages

Totally agree, AMD has always had issues que driver performance/stability.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

18 hours ago, Mikeingreen said:

AMD Driver Time Out error and had a CTD

I would blame AMD instead, rather then MS2020, AMD has a long history of driver issues, same reason that led me to switch to Nvidia, glad I did.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

27 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I would blame AMD instead, rather then MS2020, AMD has a long history of driver issues, same reason that led me to switch to Nvidia, glad I did.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

42 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Time to let the past be the past.  I've been running MSFS on a 6900XT for months (currently using the 21.3.1 drivers) and have no issues with crashes or performance.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time I've had a CTD.  For all of its other flaws, MFS2020 is probably the most stable sim I've ever owned... and it's running on a 100% AMD platform.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog said:

Time to let the past be the past.  I've been running MSFS on a 6900XT for months (currently using the 21.3.1 drivers) and have no issues with crashes or performance.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time I've had a CTD.  For all of its other flaws, MFS2020 is probably the most stable sim I've ever owned... and it's running on a 100% AMD platform.

You are just one of a hand-full of lucky simmers, even XP11 still has outstanding issues with AMD drivers, unfortunately. So the past is still today's reality for some.

• Like 1

Not sure I would call it luck... I've been at this a long time, so know how to keep a clean system.  No issues with XP11 either (although I do wish the AMD drivers supported 1/2 refresh vsync in full-screen exclusive).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog said:

Not sure I would call it luck... I've been at this a long time, so know how to keep a clean system.  No issues with XP11 either (although I do wish the AMD drivers supported 1/2 refresh vsync in full-screen exclusive).

Well if one person has no issues with AMD drivers, than that must prove that they are fine. .....LOL

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, Bob, that's exactly what I was saying... in the whole universe of Flight Simming, I'm the ONLY person not experiencing any issues with AMD drivers.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother replying....

4 minutes ago, MadDog said:

Yes, Bob, that's exactly what I was saying... in the whole universe of Flight Simming, I'm the ONLY person not experiencing any issues with AMD drivers.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother replying....

And I wonder what the point was you were trying to make. You tube videos, blogs, Reddit discussions, etc. even comments by AMD saying they are constantly working on driver problems and it is causing them to keep losing market share,  you seem to dismiss because you personally haven't had any problems. 

Nice try... but no, I'm not responding to any more blanket comments.  You win!  I wish you (and the rest of the world) luck in convincing AMD to fix their broken drivers.

• Like 1

This last episode was the first time I have had any issues with AMD and their drivers. I am also not convinced 100% that was the issue to start with. Same flight today is having no issues. Only change is older drivers and newer WTG3000. So far so good. 
I have had far less issues with AMD than I had with nVidia. A previous hobby had me going through multiple cpu and gpu stuff annually benchmarking it to the edge on a team. Me personally, I will stick with AMD. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

22 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

This last episode was the first time I have had any issues with AMD and their drivers. I am also not convinced 100% that was the issue to start with. Same flight today is having no issues. Only change is older drivers and newer WTG3000. So far so good. 
I have had far less issues with AMD than I had with nVidia. A previous hobby had me going through multiple cpu and gpu stuff annually benchmarking it to the edge on a team. Me personally, I will stick with AMD. 

Well I hope you are right, because with the price of GPU now, I am stuck with my present one. I am now on my 13th flight, with no problems at all.  I am pretty well convinced that the aircraft I was flying was causing the problems I was having. Now MSFS seems pretty stable, in fact I am trying things to make it crash, surfing the web while flying switching views back and forth, etc, and it seems rock solid. The only thing I have noticed is some digital noise on white runway textures, and this may be caused by the GPU itself, which is being replaced in a week or so, by the Manufacturer of the PC. 

Edited by Bobsk8

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well if one person has no issues with AMD drivers, than that must prove that they are fine. .....LOL

What a wholly uninformed thing to say. 

I get it.. some of you have brand loyalties and some of you are holding on to manufacturers missteps. Thats ok... but that type of thinking is uninformed and unfortunate... for you and whomever you may influence in the long run.

Hopefully you get the graphics card you really want so you dont have to suffer with the sub par junk taking up space in your system.

Ill leave it at that.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders