I posted a topic similar to this a while back, but im now working on a new build . I currently have a 1080ti card and im using a asus  pb278 monitor at 2560x1440   

it may just be my eyes ,but the stock virtual cockpits and gauges are never really clear to me ( things like the f1 gtn750 are perfect when undocked)

over the years i have tried endless setting combinations and cannot get super clarity in the vc cockpit. 

I wish i could say that it is one developer over another because some are in fact better than others

But im still struggling..

so the question is if you were building from scratch and used p3d v5.1 and xplane 11 in vc mode then what would the ultimate set up and hardware be given  the key objective of VC gauge clarity

Btw here is my experience....( and this is all in the vc )  Carendo vc gauges not so good, they are all about the same, pmdg pretty good, aerosoft airbus pretty good 

i know there are endless combinations but clarity is paramount for me and would dramtically improve my sim experience

thoughts and suggestions??

In P3D you have to disable Mipmapping in VC..

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In P3D you have to disable Mipmapping in VC..

Hi Bert , you know i tried that but things remain fuzzy.. Maybe its my eyes ( im getting older!! ) but some things in the sim are super clear ,so im hoping for a solution

Pete 

9 minutes ago, pkofman said:

Hi Bert , you know i tried that but things remain fuzzy.. Maybe its my eyes ( im getting older!! ) but some things in the sim are super clear ,so im hoping for a solution

Pete 

It may depend on the airplane vendor.. a2a and RealAir are known for high resolution gauges.  The default airplanes are fuzzy.. cannot be helped much, although you can increase the pixel size in the panel.cfg file.

In the sim, you do have to set your texture resolution to at least 2048, however.

Interestingly, MSFS 2020 also has super clear gauges, if you zoom in a bit..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert