Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Spitfires everywhere!

Since I purchased the Flying Iron Spitfire, they seem to load in copious quantities as AI aircraft. Everywhere I look there are Spitfires. Worse still, the are parked, standing at gates with the tailwheel in the air. 

So, is there a way to prevent the Spitfire from showing up as an AI? Maybe a config file tweak? I rather like flying it from time to time but this makes me want to uninstall it. It seems to dominate AI at every airport I fly in and out of.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yes, I notice that when I fly the TBM, everywhere I land there are TBMs around the parking areas. I wish we had the option to have the sim preclude in the AI selections any plane I happen to be flying at the time.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Go into the aircraft.cfg for each Spitfire variant (and livery) and edit either:

isAirTraffic=0

... or ...

atc_parking_types="MIL_COMBAT, MIL_CARGO"

Another option is to use [the superb] MSFS Addons Linker and set up a separate preset for all military aircraft. You could then toggle them all off - then toggle only the Spitfire back on - prior to launching the sim. That way, you won't get any other military aircraft showing as AI (regardless of whether you've done the cfg edits for them).

However - I have a nasty feeling that Asobo doesn't honour the isAirTraffic setting - and many airports (Asobo or Community) don't set up their parking types/codes correctly.

As to the tailwheel bug - that's been reported to FlyingIron, I think. It's because, somewhere or other, the landing gear is defined as tricycle.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

53 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

However - I have a nasty feeling that Asobo doesn't honour the isAirTraffic setting - and many airports (Asobo or Community) don't set up their parking types/codes correctly.

I have seen many P149s at some airports... and isAirTraffic is set to 0.

Bert

There's an option under General/Traffic called Traffic Variety, it's at the bottom.  If it's set to low, try setting it to a higher value and see if the helps.  I have it set to Ultra and see different AI aircraft.  

Edited by slashed2

It's certainly annoying to see unrealistic numbers of particular AI aircraft at stands and gates. At times, I've seen what looks like aerobatic meets parked up (as many as 10 to 12 in one case) and I had a line of 4 Grumman Gooses Geese Goose aircraft on consecutive stands at EGPH Edinburgh recently.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Each livery with air traffic set to "1 "has a chance of popping as static aircraft.

One workaround (aside from disabling liveries of the excessive plane)  is add more liveries (or duplicate copies of existing liveries) to the aircraft you hope to be seeing turn up more often.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Does anyone know how to delete the extra spitfire liveries and clipped wing? I tried just deleting the files but they still appear in the menu as textureless blanks.

18 minutes ago, quantumpion said:

Does anyone know how to delete the extra spitfire liveries and clipped wing? I tried just deleting the files but they still appear in the menu as textureless blanks.

That is probably because they are still listed in the layout.json even though you deleted the folders.

You can edit layout.json manually but its a bit of a PITA

Instead download this utility below and put the executable on your desktop and just drop the layout,json from the root of the Spitfire directories onto the executable. It will update it automatically to match the new layout with less liveries.  Hopefully will help.

https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Since I purchased the Flying Iron Spitfire, they seem to load in copious quantities as AI aircraft. Everywhere I look there are Spitfires. Worse still, the are parked, standing at gates with the tailwheel in the air. 

So, is there a way to prevent the Spitfire from showing up as an AI? Maybe a config file tweak? I rather like flying it from time to time but this makes me want to uninstall it. It seems to dominate AI at every airport I fly in and out of.

Must be a massive hit on frames.

Regards

bs ☘️

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

That is probably because they are still listed in the layout.json even though you deleted the folders.

You can edit layout.json manually but its a bit of a PITA

Instead download this utility below and put the executable on your desktop and just drop the layout,json from the root of the Spitfire directories onto the executable. It will update it automatically to match the new layout with less liveries.  Hopefully will help.

https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator

Hmm I tried that but still have the problem of the liveries still being in the menu but with blank textures. 🤷‍♂️

You'll need to remove the entries from aircraft.cfg as well.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

You'll need to remove the entries from aircraft.cfg as well.

Where is the aircraft.cfg file located for the Spitfire? I can't find it, is it stored inside a package file or something?

On 5/8/2021 at 1:49 AM, slashed2 said:

There's an option under General/Traffic called Traffic Variety, it's at the bottom.  If it's set to low, try setting it to a higher value and see if the helps.  I have it set to Ultra and see different AI aircraft.  

I have it set to the max.

13 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Must be a massive hit on frames.

Oddly, I did not notice the FPS tanking but good point, makes the issue even worse.

The thing is, I can be flying the A320, not the Spit, and looking out across the apron there might be 3-4 other Spits and perhaps even a MB339 or two. Hardly any airliners. It’s like the Spit has some sort of dominance in AI hierarchy. Maybe payware gets preference? 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor