Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Can't Seem to Find / Install hotfix (1.15.10.0)

No amount of rebooting, logging out and in to Microsoft Store store or removing Community folder contents will make 1.15.10 appear so stuck on 1.15.8. First time I've been unable to update MSFS. Further suggestions appreciated short of a full reinstall.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

39 minutes ago, DescendDescend said:

No amount of rebooting, logging out and in to Microsoft Store store or removing Community folder contents will make 1.15.10 appear so stuck on 1.15.8. First time I've been unable to update MSFS. Further suggestions appreciated short of a full reinstall.

Are you absouutely 100% positive it did not already update in the background without you noticing?

Did you enter MSFS went into windowed mode and looked at the version number at the top left of the window frame?

Edited by Farlis

Just checked again; 1.15.8.0. It always starts windowed for me probably because I always exit in windowed.

It's the first time that 'Checking For Updates' has not pointed me towards the store to update. That seems to be normal for this update. Checked the store numerous times. Logged out and in to Store. The only option in store is 'Manage'. Still 1.15.8.0.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I also had trouble finding the update.  Finally I went to the official site at flightsimulator.com, made sure I was logged in, then clicked on "Order" at the top right of the page.  That took me to my original order.  I then clicked "Install/Play" at the top right of that page.  The update then began installing.

image.png.f019735cba877ff16db86ca6ef8a63d2.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for help. I tried the official site as suggested but it eventually takes you back to the UK Store where I get an update installation error. MSFS starts okay and is still 1.15.8.0. I notice that the Content  Manager thinks that none of my community folder items are installed even though they are all in the folder.

I feel a reinstall from a disk image coming on. The whole MSFS structure is appalling in my view. Last time I had a similar issue (could not reinstall MSFS from the store) I had to reinstall MSFS and the whole operating system from an month old disk image.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

33 minutes ago, DescendDescend said:

I notice that the Content  Manager thinks that none of my community folder items are installed even though they are all in the folder.

That bit is normal for everyone.

Before the last patch your community files did not show up in Content manager at all.  Now they show up - but as uninstalled.

If it helps anyone, I fixed the problem as follows:

1) Empty Community folder

2) Go to Settings, Apps, Microsoft Store,

3) Choose Advanced options, Reset (the store)

4) Reboot

5) Go to Store and hopefully the update will appear after a while

6) Install update and check MSFS loads,

7) Restore Community contents.

You may get away with not doing anything to Community.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs