Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Updated PA 44 Seminole, how is it.

3 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Thanks. I'll see if it happens again, or if it's something else such as running graphics on Ultra instead of High-End. I really enjoy the Arrow otherwise. 

Since my CTDs totally stopped when I stopped flying it, to be quite frank, I have no interest in flying it again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Since my CTDs totally stopped when I stopped flying it, to be quite frank, I have no interest in flying it again. 

I don't blame you, CTDs completely ruin the enjoyment for me and make my blood pressure skyrocket. Then I continually wait for the next one and begin saving obsessively every 5-10 minutes (since Microsoft can't possibly spare a few minutes to implement an autosave)

Edited by NightOfDreams

30 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

I don't blame you, CTDs completely ruin the enjoyment for me and make my blood pressure skyrocket. Then I continually wait for the next one and begin saving obsessively every 5-10 minutes (since Microsoft can't possibly spare a few minutes to implement an autosave)

Before I stopped using the JF Arrow, I was getting CTDs and screen freezes sometimes as many as 3-4 a day. People on this forum were telling me that there had to be something wrong with my PC, but I knew other people that had also had problems with brand new PCs. Since I stopped flying the Arrow about a week ago, I have done over 22 flights with not one issue. I was about to totally give up on MSFS until I found the solution. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Only CTD I had on the Arrow were entirely GTN530/GTN750 mod related . Now those mods are a bit better sorted out I no longer have any CTD with the Arrow.

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Before I stopped using the JF Arrow, I was getting CTDs and screen freezes sometimes as many as 3-4 a day. People on this forum were telling me that there had to be something wrong with my PC, but I knew other people that had also had problems with brand new PCs. Since I stopped flying the Arrow about a week ago, I have done over 22 flights with not one issue. I was about to totally give up on MSFS until I found the solution. 

Thanks, if the CTDs continue on the Arrow I'll look into the Seminole as I want the most realistic GA plane possible for training to get my pilot's license.

Edited by NightOfDreams

2 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

I want the most realistic GA plane possible for training to get my pilot's license.

Then i would surgest P3D v4.5 and an A2A GA. If you want the most relistic GA possable for training.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Then i would surgest P3D v4.5 and an A2A GA. If you want the most relistic GA possable for training.

I own P3D v5 but the graphics just dont do it for me after experiencing MSFS 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Though it's not a bad idea to fire up the Bonanza again for training. I bought it last year shortly before MSFS was released. Very well made and detailed aircraft

I'll be training in a real CTLS next month. The MSFS version is way too basic for me.

Edited by NightOfDreams

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

Thanks, if the CTDs continue on the Arrow I'll look into the Seminole as I want the most realistic GA plane possible for training to get my pilot's license.

The Seminole is one nice flying aircraft.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Seminole is one nice flying aircraft.

I'd like to do a round the world tour and was planning on the Arrow, but might have to rethink it now if it keeps CTDing and get the Seminole instead 

3 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

I'd like to do a round the world tour and was planning on the Arrow, but might have to rethink it now if it keeps CTDing and get the Seminole instead 

Seminole is faster too. 

From the GTN 750/530 dev on the main forums:

Carenado will soon publish some of its aircrafts with the GTN750 option.
There is currently a bug in the Sim’s code that CTD if more than 4 maps in the same airplane.
Asobo should fix that in the next sim update coming at the end of May.
The Arrow and the Seneca will be affected by this bug.

Here is the way to fly them with the GTN750:

Remove the GNS530 Mod from your community folder if you use it (because it introduces one more map).
Immediately after starting your aircraft, switch to the GTN750 from the Carenado cockpit tablet.
Do not switch back to the GNS530 after that
Do not touch any button of the GNS430
You should not have this issue in the Ovation or in the Seminole.
As this is a known issue, thank you to not report a bug for that. Both Carenado and PMS50 can’t do anything about that. We just have to wait for the fix from Asobo.

On 5/8/2021 at 1:45 AM, bobcat999 said:

really enjoy flying the Seneca a lot, and it does have more depth to it than some would expect from a Carenado product. 
It sounds good and feels great to fly - sometimes releases just have that X factor.

Agree 100% The sound package is surprisingly good, and the plane feels very solid. It's a pleasure to land as well. Flying it in the pattern at my "local" is a delight. Can't really say that about any other twin in the sim. If this had been released prior to the Seminole I would not have the Seminole in the hangar. It's unlikely I'll fly the Seminole much, now that the Seneca is available and is such a nice aircraft to fly.

• Like 1

I’m afraid I’m not going to use the Seminole now that I have the Seneca. Took the Seminole out for a few circuits yesterday and it flies well. But for me having the Seneca sort of defeats the purpose of having the Seminole.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

56 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’m afraid I’m not going to use the Seminole now that I have the Seneca. Took the Seminole out for a few circuits yesterday and it flies well. But for me having the Seneca sort of defeats the purpose of having the Seminole.

Can you figure out a way to get rid of that ugly windscreen defroster? It really ruins it for me. 

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It really ruins it for me. 

Haha I’m with you there. It’s ugly. Have no idea if it can be removed.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”