Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Standard vs. Premium Deluxe

I went Premium for the Boeing, and there have been a few times where I've felt the premium wasn't worth what I paid for it, but then I look at my log and realise I've more than 250 + hours in the 787 and it continues to climb.

If you think you'll use an aircraft in the premium or deluxe they're worth it, if you don't they won't be.

• Like 2

Brendon Isaac

54 minutes ago, AntillesFlyer said:

I went Premium for the Boeing, and there have been a few times where I've felt the premium wasn't worth what I paid for it, but then I look at my log and realise I've more than 250 + hours in the 787 and it continues to climb.

My Logbook does not even work. I have couple of bush trips dated but all other flight are not registered. Weird. (I know that's been off topic, but it's my own thread so, shall be fine 😄 )

I think the main reason I put the Premium version was to get the extra airports and the Steam Gauge 172. I flew the 172 about a dozen times, and haven't flown it since. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I went Premium for the Longitude, initially I was gutted because it was useless. Now, with mods it far better and will improve with updates, so no regrets now... 

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think the main reason I put the Premium version was to get the extra airports and the Steam Gauge 172. I flew the 172 about a dozen times, and haven't flown it since. 

Actually premium is the Shock Ultra, Boeing 787, Cirrus SR22, Cessna Longitude and Pipistrel Virus.

The Steam 172 is just Deluxe.

Right now, for me, none of the flavors of FS2020 offer anything I want or need. I only use payware  aircraft and never touch the default aircraft. Since there are no good payware that interest me, I will wait to buy FS2020.

8 minutes ago, coldhoist said:

Right now, for me, none of the flavors of FS2020 offer anything I want or need. I only use payware  aircraft and never touch the default aircraft. Since there are no good payware that interest me, I will wait to buy FS2020.

If you are waiting for P3D quality study level tubeliners you may be waiting a long while.  The main focus of the sim at present is GA and VFR .

My guess is you may get one study level airliner in the next 6 to 12 months but it will be several years before you see a wide range of them.

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

My Logbook does not even work. I have couple of bush trips dated but all other flight are not registered. Weird. (I know that's been off topic, but it's my own thread so, shall be fine 😄 )

Lol. Yep that sucks. I use Orbx's Volanta to keep track of all of my flights, as well as the log book. It tracks and records every flight for me by aircraft registration so as long as it's running when I'm flying, she's now a great backup.

It's not perfect but it's less work than doing it manually.  😄

Brendon 

Brendon Isaac

Buying the premium version was worth it for the Longitude alone, and with the WT G3X and Darkfly's performance mod I got more than my money's worth.

BG0rRt0.png

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

The most common cause for that is you have Dev mode turned on.

42 minutes ago, AntillesFlyer said:

Lol. Yep that sucks. I use Orbx's Volanta to keep track of all of my flights, as well as the log book. It tracks and records every flight for me by aircraft registration so as long as it's running when I'm flying, she's now a great backup.

It's not perfect but it's less work than doing it manually.  😄

Brendon 

My VA tracks every flight I make with all the details, and GPS track of the route.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

5 hours ago, AntillesFlyer said:

I've more than 250 + hours in the 787 and it continues to climb.

Hope it stops at 43000 feet!😁

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)