Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Just Flight’s PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV coming soon

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'll pass on this one.  Unless your taking the bird up past 10,000ft there's no difference in performance.  I was hoping they've move on to another more interesting aircraft.  I guess there's more to squeeze out of this turnip.  

I an to be honest not seeing the need for more performance at low altitude in the standard Arrow. It slots in neatly between the useful but mundane Cessnas and Warriors and the  fast tourers like the Bonanza/Moonies and the multitude of small twins.

The main issue is it runs out of puff at altitude which the turbo normalisation fixes (at a cost).

13 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'll pass on this one.  Unless your taking the bird up past 10,000ft there's no difference in performance.  I was hoping they've move on to another more interesting aircraft.  I guess there's more to squeeze out of this turnip.  

I will pass on this one too, it is basically the same aircraft as long as you stay below 10000ft, but for those who have not already bought the standard version, it is probably a good buy.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I will pass on this one too, it is basically the same aircraft as long as you stay below 10000ft, but for those who have not already bought the standard version, it is probably a good buy.

Well it does look different :  You get the T Tail version.   😄  

More seriously - I will probably get it just becasue at the discount price for owners of the first one,  it is sort of pocket money.

When I purchased the Arrow III, I seem to recall there was a message from JF that said there would be a discount available on the Turbo Arrow for those that had purchased the Arrow III (and vice-versa for those that purchased the Turbo Arrow first). But I've forgotten how much the discount was. If the discount substantially lowers the Turbo Arrow's price, I might be tempted.

-Bob

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BBCM said:

When I purchased the Arrow III, I seem to recall there was a message from JF that said there would be a discount available on the Turbo Arrow for those that had purchased the Arrow III (and vice-versa for those that purchased the Turbo Arrow first). But I've forgotten how much the discount was. If the discount substantially lowers the Turbo Arrow's price, I might be tempted.

-Bob

From the product page:

Anyone buying this PA-28R Arrow III add-on from Just Flight will get a 66% discount on the usual price of the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV when it is available to buy!

My understanding is you will get a Turbo version of the current Arrow III and also the Turbo T-Tail Arrow IV at 2/3 off.

Presumably that deal will only apply to current owners and once the Turbo is released they will have a more conventional bundle deal available for people who want both.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

The discount is tempting.. Although. I don't fly high enough usually to warrant the turbo. The regular Arrow III is a lead weight just to make it to 9,000ft.. I usually fly her comfortably around 4000-5000ft after that the climb rate is so painstakingly slow most will get carpal tunnel syndrome just maintaining that subpar climb rate flying it manually to a high altitude. It's perfect at that 4-5k range though gets  up there pretty easy. After that.. Welcome to watching paint dry..  I understand that's the limits of the plane but I just don't have the patience..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'm back to very little simming time but I think I'll pull the trigger on the turbo (never bought the first one).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm back to very little simming time but I think I'll pull the trigger on the turbo (never bought the first one).

It's worth it. Unlike most payware GA aircraft she's the first to have "character" and it's ever evolving. It's not study level, but it's not Carenado either.. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

If character is what you are after, I would first get the AT Simulations Piaggio P149.

It is a great touring machine! 🙂

• Like 2

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If character is what you are after, I would first get the AT Simulations Piaggio P149.

It is a great touring machine! 🙂

Character and speed hehe.  Lancair Legacy lol?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 minutes ago, hangar said:

Did you ever get the Mooney?

Yeah I bought the Mooney almost day one.  For the very small amount of time I have to dedicate to simming I enjoy it for the most part.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah I bought the Mooney almost day one.  For the very small amount of time I have to dedicate to simming I enjoy it for the most part.

About how fast can she cruise at low alts under 10k msl?

1 hour ago, hangar said:

About how fast can she cruise at low alts under 10k msl?

Maybe around 180 KTAS at 75% power.  I usually just go into the green arc EGT but run higher prop and MP settings so usually like 190 KTAS at 8000.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |