Sign in to follow this  
Petraeus

UI Explanation?

It's such an obvious question, but where is there a description of the UI options? What does 'Exclusive access to recogniser' mean? Or 'Tune mike on start-up'. I've searched high and low but can't find any detailed explanation, apart from the teasing 'The General Page, where Application Features can be enabled or disabled, and various options can be set.' - but no more, that's all there is.

Am I missing somewhere obvious? 

Petraeus

32 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

It's such an obvious question, but where is there a description of the UI options? What does 'Exclusive access to recogniser' mean? Or 'Tune mike on start-up'. I've searched high and low but can't find any detailed explanation, apart from the teasing 'The General Page, where Application Features can be enabled or disabled, and various options can be set.' - but no more, that's all there is.

Am I missing somewhere obvious? 

Hi,

Sorry, you missed out on the documentation.

It is accessible via the Windows main menu

Start->Multi Crew Experience.

You'll find all sorts of documents there.

Also, with MCE up and running, you can click the "?" blue button (when UI isn't in compact mode, then follow that with another click on specific options and you should get an audio explanation about what each option does.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks.

I had found all the manuals but none of the obvious candidates had the necessary information.

The 'help' in the UI is partly useful but it's not available in the advanced options, so I'm still none the wiser about 'Exclusive access to recogniser', unfortunately.

Petraeus

11 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Thanks.

I had found all the manuals but none of the obvious candidates had the necessary information.

The 'help' in the UI is partly useful but it's not available in the advanced options, so I'm still none the wiser about 'Exclusive access to recogniser', unfortunately.

That option means MCE will be using the Windows speech engine exclusively. All speech commands are intended for flight simulation.

It is enabled by default and is the preferred mode of operation.

You only need to disable it when using MCE with some other apps that cannot run in exclusive mode, in which case MCE will be running in "shared speech engine mode".

This mostly applies to Windows 7 and using other speech based apps simultaneously. Haven't seen anyone needing to disable it in Windows 10 so far.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Hi,

Sorry, you missed out on the documentation.

It is accessible via the Windows main menu

Start->Multi Crew Experience.

You'll find all sorts of documents there.

Also, with MCE up and running, you can click the "?" blue button (when UI isn't in compact mode, then follow that with another click on specific options and you should get an audio explanation about what each option does.

Feel free to ask more questions.

What blue button?

I never ever could switch from Clide to  the United States Female voice via keyboard shortcut commands.

I can go from flight mode to UI mode, but when in U.I. mode, I never ever could go anywhere, and you need to be inside U.I mode to find to switch from Clide to a new co-pilot/first officer.

Please do the following when give we the blind advice.

Close your eyes and thik how to give advice.

For example, for the most part the Microsoft Disability help use to have click on the red x to close out, but now it is replaced with click on alt or is it control f 4 and that make more sense.

Many thanks. 

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot who'd appreciate advice on installing P3D v 5.1 when he tries again on Monday the 10th.

5 minutes ago, Blind Pilot said:

What blue button?

I never ever could switch from Clide to  the United States Female voice via keyboard shortcut commands.

I can go from flight mode to UI mode, but when in U.I. mode, I never ever could go anywhere, and you need to be inside U.I mode to find to switch from Clide to a new co-pilot/first officer.

Please do the following when give we the blind advice.

Close your eyes and thik how to give advice.

For example, for the most part the Microsoft Disability help use to have click on the red x to close out, but now it is replaced with click on alt or is it control f 4 and that make more sense.

Many thanks. 

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot who'd appreciate advice on installing P3D v 5.1 when he tries again on Monday the 10th.

Your issue is different Ron.

You need to to activate the "use screen narrator" which is there for the Visually impaired pilots like yourself.

Right-click anywhere in MCE user interface and enable "use screen narrator".

After thatm move the mouse slowly within the UI and you should get some explanationevery time you hit some area of interest. Just don't move too fast.

Should also get notification when you enter or exit the UI.