Sign in to follow this  
Sea2Sky_604

How can I save RXP Window/Panel size

For a long time, I was able to save the RXP GNS 530 window/panel size so when I started my flight, the RXP window was full size in it's own display monitor. Now, I have to continuously adjust the RXP panel size each time I begin a flight. Is there a configuration option somewhere which can start the panel in full size/screen mode, or any other advice on how to fix this?

I think you sort of indirectly answered my question for me. I was focusing too much on the RXP configs, and not the P3D panel configs. This is what was currently configured for the RXP in the C172 panel directory:

[Window06]
size_mm=100,100
window_pos=0.000000,0.000000
window_size=0.119629,0.167057
visible=1
always_visible=1
zorder=99
background_color=0,0,0
ident=15531
gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 0, 0,100,100,NO_BEZEL

I changed the window_size to 1.000, 1.000, but unfortunately it's showing the same window size prior to the panel configuration change, and needs to be manually resized each time.

Hi,

There are 2 different window states: popup and popped out (i.e. standalone and outside P3D main window).

The former size and pos is in the [Window##] section, using window_pos and window_size which values are percent [0,1] over the main screen window. In other words, 0.24, 0,50 is a quarter width and half the height.

The latter size and pos is controlled by P3D exclusively. I believe there is a P3D setting to enable saving/restoring windows to their last known post/size.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)