Sign in to follow this  
NZAA

Super Power My Machine

and some Paris screenshots with 11900k ( adaptive boost ) + 3090 Asus OC. Average fps 65-66   min:52  max:76

EzxWZjN.jpg

VSl7Vr9.jpg

OrEwJf4.jpg

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Thank God I'm happy w/ vsync to 30Hz.  The FPS chasing train I was so happy to jump off of when I discovered my 1440p 34" screen could do 30Hz and that smooth video was the norm in P3D, and then MSFS.  And when I vsync'd to 60Hz in a spot that my 2070 Super could easily manage 60fps and then some performance in terms of smoothness, panning, etc was actually worse, which I know is hard to explain!  Nope, wasn't getting close to GPU/CPU full loads either with that test.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, The_Moose said:

Absolutely correct, which is why you making statements like

"NY is not 30 FPS on a 2060 Super with a Ryzen 5 3600 in Ultra 1080p, not the denser parts of the cities.
It is around 24-28 FPS if you are lucky when flying low, and it can even dip below 20 in short bursts in certain parts."     without any context (plane/weather etc)   is absolutely pointless.

Anyway... just re-ran the Manhattan flight with pure Ultra settings (and NV control panel default settings untouched) in the Arrow, The G-91 and the TBM between 1500ft and 600ft All of which resulted in 30fps solid.

I'm certainly not trying to get into a petty argument with you.  The whole point was unless the OP is using a very heavy on the FPS plane he absolutely should be getting better performance than he currently is.  The 2060 Super is more than capable of 30FPS solid with pure Ultra settings in very demanding scenarios @1080p.  Until he posts again with his settings and a specific scenario though we cant even begin to help.

Are you overclocked?

I do have a regular 2060 in one PC and a 2060s in the other, so maybe I mixed them up since I have 2 PC's. Well, that was in my testing as best as I recall (I could test again later). I don't know why your setup is faster, possibly Nvidia Settings I had to tweak for my projector setup to get it smooth, etc... I could get 30+ FPS in NY some of the time, but not on the low FPS, it did go under 30 and even under 25 if I try in some planes. I didn't test every plane, and I don't recall the other planes. My 2060s is hooked up to a projector, the 2060 is on my dev machine to where I use it to make airports.

I don't think any of the official testers achieved a 30+ constant FPS on a Ryzen 5 3600 + 2060s, but maybe I am incorrect, would have to revisit the charts at the different sites. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

3 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Are you over clocked?
Well, that was in my testing. I don't know why your setup is faster, possibly faster memory + Nvidia Settings, etc...
I could get 30+ FPS in NY 90% of the time, but not on the low FPS, it did go under 30 and even under 25 if I try in some planes. I didn't test every plane, and I don't recall the other planes.

Nothing overclocked.

Who knows the mysteries of MSFS performance 🙂 I must admit to being baffled by some of the reports of bad performance by people with both similar and clearly much faster hardware than my rig.  Apart from using NVCleanstall to install drivers (set to install the driver only and nothing else) and leaving the nvidia control panel settings at stock i'm really doing nothing special.  

Just now, The_Moose said:

Nothing overclocked.

Who knows the mysteries of MSFS performance 🙂 I must admit to being baffled by some of the reports of bad performance by people with both similar and clearly much faster hardware than my rig.  Apart from using NVCleanstall to install drivers (set to install the driver only and nothing else) and leaving the nvidia control panel settings at stock i'm really doing nothing special.  

I haven't tried flying in dense cities in quite a while, since quite a few updates, maybe the FPS is improved in the newer versions of the game.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I haven't tried flying in dense cities in quite a while, since quite a few updates, maybe the FPS is improved in the newer versions of the game.

I think thats very likely.    After the 1.15.10 patch  last week every aspect of the sim (loading times, stutter, pauses) all improved for me, but then again i've seen plenty of reports of worse/just as bad performance so who knows!  This sim defies logic at times.

The aircraft chosen can make a huge difference. Going from a c152 to a King  Air at the same airport can make a huge difference in frames.

Some of the differences make sense, glass cockpits eat frames, some external lighting can eat frames. In other cases though some aircraft just seem frame rate hungry. Go Figure.

I cant complain for the moment with the result on my old pc.

wH9u90V.jpg

• Like 3

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.