Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Rio Revisited...

This is the follow-up to my previous post about a visit to the city of Rio de Janeiro, where I happened to be too pre-occupied to look around too much, while, simultaneously, at the command of the behemoth C-130 Hercules...🙂...(so, like I'd said earlier, please do indulge this virtual (wannabe pilot) simmer here...), and, having to figure out the (un-conventional) HDG/ALT/LOC functions and controls of the Autopilot Panel...mind you, that was no LNAV/VNAV/FMS guided (automated and hands-off type) navigational cockpit...nonetheless, it was fun (and challenge) of a different kind, I would say...

Paulo Ricardo's (customized) rendition of Rio city turned out to be quite an illuminating and enjoyable scenery to explore...so, here, in this post, I've captured an additional set of images in and around this picturesque locale. First of all, it's worthy of note, per the unique geography of the city, which lies on a strip of Brazil's Atlantic coast, the shoreline is (atypically) oriented east-west (i.e. the ocean lies to the south). And, the amalgamation of water/mountains/forestry, in the same locale, contributes to its singular beauty.

The massive statue of Cristo Redentor, with arms out-stretched, perched atop the summit of Mount Corcovado, seemingly overlooking the city, is one of Rio's most recognizable features. I've included, below, several screenshots of the Corcovado mountain, and, also, one close-up shot of the statue. Images of the Sugarloaf mountain are also shown, below. In fact, I caught the Sugarloaf Cable Car, slowly, moving along the cableway, and, you may be also able spot the car, in one of my shots. BTW, this is the Cable car, that had featured in an action scene for the James Bond film "Moonraker". And, (only) If you're interested, please search for the (4m:17s) video clip, "MOONRAKER | Cable Car Fight", where (Sir) Roger Moore, fights off "Jaws" to the bitter end...in his characteristic style...Another bit of memory came to me, while I viewed this clip, today, I recalled that I'd actually met "Jaws", aka, Richard Kiel, once, in Las Vegas, set-up at a desk, on the wayside, signing autographs, and taking pictures with visitors. I also recall, for my picture, he had given me a good bear-hug ...no it didn't hurt at all...🙂...he seemed like a nice sort of guy...(In fact, I read today, he was, indeed, well-known for being a kind and friendly man...)...

Back to my post, now:

Regarding the SBRJ Rwys, from my (overhead) pictures of it, you can see how the (02/20) Rwys are situated w.r.t. the city and the Bay, with the Rio-Niteroi Bridge, north of the Santos Dumont Airport. Please also note, in Rio, due to the east-west orientation, that I'd alluded to earlier, of the oceanfront, it's possible to catch both sunrise and sunset over the Atlantic Ocean, on the same day, at certain beach locations around the city. My two screenshots, below, of sunrise/sunset (the last two images), are, of course, poor imitations of the spectacular sights, they must be in RW...!

Still, I hope you enjoy this virtual tour of Rio, with yours truly, as much as I did myself...!!

[Paulo Ricardo (SBRJ), Orbx(BOB), REX]

o7X2RM.png

KonTeO.png

QogOOo.png

ZlCEqu.png

FaQ7mo.png

pe5ZJp.png

TzFNnX.png

S2giCM.png

uXBu9W.png

apiSgD.png

8RPm8H.png

NGcxZs.png

359oE9.png

YznvNx.png

AtZExG.png

JDcHcb.png

6OKT9M.png

tn80cm.png

9PbL4x.png

WzWVQt.png

• Like 7

Very nice pics of Rio!

Edited by Alaska738
  • Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Excellent set! Never been there in real life, but lots of visits in the sim. Fascinating place.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I loved that scenery!

I also explored it in P3D:

Then in MSFS

Edited by DJJose
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks, Jose, for chiming in...yes, yours were among of the materials,...🙂...I was referring to, as having read and heard about, in my (other) C-130 post. You see, I'm the among the one or two FSX folks, here,...🙂..., but, to have Rio in both P3D/MSFS can be quite exciting, indeed...Of course, whether plane or scenery, seeing another is one thing and actually experiencing it for yourself is another thing...

BTW, I recall well your scenery posts since the P3D days...I don't recall many, around here, with a passion for scenery and for always trying to adjust it for the best tangible effects etc...., as you're....🙂...

• Like 1

Beautiful captures from Rio! 

• Like 1

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

Great set - nice looking Rio !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Alaska738, Andy, Jose, Adam, pmplayer, and folks:

Appreciated the comments...!!

• Like 1