Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Bill Leaming or someone that can help

Hey everyone, I originally posted yesterday over on the FS9 side, but got a reply that Bill Leaming isn't there as much, so here is my post if someone can help here.I hope I can get an answer to this. I have the Cera Bell 212. It has backlighting in the panels. The 2D is great, but I don't use 2D at all. The VC has it, but it is not anywhere enough in most areas.I wanted to know if there is a way to brighten the gauges in the VC since there is already backlighting there. The lumin adjustment in the panel cfg is only for the 2D. How can I bring this Heli to its full potential. I was very suprised that Cera left it like this. I mentioned Bill Leaming in the post subject because I hope he sees this and...well Bill is amazing with this stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.

>Hey everyone, I originally posted yesterday over on the FS9>side, but got a reply that Bill Leaming isn't there as much,>so here is my post if someone can help here.LOL! I'm afraid I've had to drop the FS9 forum altogether, as I'm hard pressed to keep up with the FSX forums as it is... ;)>I mentioned Bill Leaming in the>post subject because I hope he sees this and...well Bill is>amazing with this stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.Well, thanks for the kind words! You say that the VC is already "backlighted," but is it really?By this, I mean are there specific textures in the texture folder that are used to provide gauge backlighting? The clue would be if there's a texture such as vc01_L.bmp or something similar in the texture folder.Without having the specifics of the a/c in question in front of me, it's really hard to make any specific diagnosis. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Hey everyone, I originally posted yesterday over on the FS9>>side, but got a reply that Bill Leaming isn't there as much,>>so here is my post if someone can help here.>>LOL! I'm afraid I've had to drop the FS9 forum altogether, as>I'm hard pressed to keep up with the FSX forums as it is...>;)>>>I mentioned Bill Leaming in the>>post subject because I hope he sees this and...well Bill is>>amazing with this stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.>>Well, thanks for the kind words! You say that the VC is>already "backlighted," but is it really?>>By this, I mean are there specific textures in the texture>folder that are used to provide gauge backlighting? The clue>would be if there's a texture such as vc01_L.bmp or something>similar in the texture folder.>>Without having the specifics of the a/c in question in front>of me, it's really hard to make any specific diagnosis. ;)>Yep the most easy one is to edit the l_maps for back lightning effects...It depends also what the modeler of the specific aircraft did with the VC ;-) Andr

André

Thanks guys, I will check out to see if the textures in question are there and report back. There is a seperate dial to turn on the lighting for each section of the panel, but the gauges that are on the pilot side just don't get bright enough to run without the overhead on. I'll look at this tonight and let you know. I hope there is a way.

I looked in the Bell 212 folders with no luck. I assume there has to be a texture for the backlighting somewhere as you can turn on the lights seperatly as I mentioned. Could they be in another folder elsewhere? I saw mention of VC files in the root FS9 texture folder, but haven't found the files in question yet. There are alot of files there. I think I tried to contact Cera a long time ago and they never responded to me. Any help is greatly appreciated. If I can figure a way to make this work, I would be very happy, or maybe I am wasting my time trying to accomplish something that is not possible? Any thoughts?

If you open a Command Prompt in your texture folder and type:dir > filelist.txtand press the Enter key, a text file cleverly named "filelist.txt" will be produced...Send that file to me a n4gix@comcast.net and I'll see if I can spot the file for you.Do the same thing for the panel folder for that matter, so I can see the filenames there as well.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill, thanks a bunch for your help. I will send the files in the next day or so. Much appreciated.