Sign in to follow this  
flotmangooner

What's gone wrong with my P3D :(

Just recently my V4 has started playing up - sometimes it will CTD whilst loading up whereas other times it will load and run fine. However if I try and do anything within the sim whilst it's running such as change airport, tweak a graphic setting, reset or end a scenario, it is hanging and then CTD to desktop (I get a message saying P3D is not responding).

It has been working fine without any issues for months - I encountered similar problems (as did many others it appears) when Nvidia released a new driver. As a result of those issues, I rolled back my driver to the version I was previously using without any problems - 461.92. However I am still having the CTD issues which is getting very frustrating.

Another issue I have encountered (which may or may not be connected) is that my auto-gen scenery isn't working properly in the sense that the scenery isn't getting drawn - I have the scenery complexity on Extremely Dense, Autogen & Scenery draw distance set to Extremely High, Tessellation Factor Ultra, Mesh 1m , Texture 7cm. My P3D was working fine with all these settings previously. An example of what I am encountering is shown when I approach GCTS (I have the Aerosoft scenery)  - I set the sim to SLEW mode and positioned myself on the approach just before the Golf De Sur - the golf courses , buildings, hills  and harbour were all clearly defined - you could clearly see the bunkers and the trees on the courses plus the buildings were sharp. However when I am approaching in an aircraft (flying the FS LABS A320 at the moment), the scenery is just not getting drawn correctly - the fairways of the golf course are just a green blur as is the harbour and the buildings. It's not just this area of the scenery - the towns and hills around the airport are also not getting drawn correctly - just very low resolution.

My texture resolution is ULTRA 4096 X 4096 and my full screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 x 32. I can't understand why the scenery looks really good when in slew mode but looks awful when I am flying around.

Any ideas or suggestions on both issues would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

10 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Thanks for the links - reading through the articles, it appears Microsoft have since  applied a fix - my PC has been shut down and restarted many times since the issue came to light so I don't think thats the reason for my P3D issues 😞

Have updated my PC with the latest update and restarted P3D. Tried to change vehicle and straight away the Sim CTD 😞

Think my scenery issue must be to do with FS Labs -  I have just flown in 2 different aircraft (Piper and the PMDG 737) and the scenery is loading and drawing as it should do. Not sure why the FSLabs A320 would now cause issues all of a sudden ?

Delete your "prepar3d.cfg", reboot and then start P3D without changing or tweaking anything. Nothing .... leave it alone.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I had the exact same CTD problem with several versions of the newer drivers. I rolled the driver version back to my trusty 442.19's and the problem was solved. No performance hit. I really need to heed my own advice.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Delete your "prepar3d.cfg", reboot and then start P3D without changing or tweaking anything. Nothing .... leave it alone.

OK thanks - have deleted it and am now restarting P3D - will report back

T

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

I had the exact same CTD problem with several versions of the newer drivers. I rolled the driver version back to my trusty 442.19's and the problem was solved. No performance hit. I really need to heed my own advice.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Might well go back to that version then - thanks

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Hasn't resolved the issue. The scenery is loading correctly with any aircraft other than the FS Labs A320 .Just approaching GCTS again and the ground looks awful - blurry with very low resolution textures. I have tried to adjust the graphic settings whilst in flight and yet again, the sim has crashed. I will post of the FS Labs support forum as its pretty clear the A320 is not working correctly

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, flotmangooner said:

The scenery is loading correctly with any aircraft other than the FS Labs A320 

Which version of the FSL Airbus are you using? v5.0.1.151 is the latest version.

40 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Which version of the FSL Airbus are you using? v5.0.1.151 is the latest version.

That's the version I have

Sometimes "rolling back" a driver using the Microshaft-supplied tool does not remove or revert all the components of the graphics subsystem that were changed with the driver install.  I'd recommend trying an ultra-clean install by removing the driver, running the latest version of DDU in safe mode, then do a fresh installation of the older driver.  Usually updating drivers to a newer version is pretty safe without needing a clean install, but going back to earlier versions is historically more problematic.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hello, Ive got constantly CTD's without any helpful fault message changed Nvidia to old config, deactivated sceneries and so on. After eleminatng entry for entry from the start addon xml files for me the fix was to deactivated completely the RAAS function for all AC's, Unfortunately now I get no message onto which runway I'm taxiing, but on the other side can I taxi to a runway. This works on P3Dv4 with all Nvidia drivers and with or without sceneries or other additonal programfunctions.

Best regards

Ralf Andreas