Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

Cessna 172 VC Panel Textures

Hi Folks:Although the gauges look fine, the panel textures are blurry! The switch panel looks awful! Is this normal or do I need corrective lenses on my PC??Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Post a screenieIf they are realllly blurry make sure your global texture resolution slider is maxed outoops and check the box for "use high res VC texture" or something like that

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I tried to adjust some settings on my video card and caused the same condition as you described. I put them back and they went away. I am guessing you have a setting that needs adjusting on your video card controls.

>I tried to adjust some settings on my video card and caused>the same condition as you described. I put them back and they>went away. I am guessing you have a setting that needs>adjusting on your video card controls.If you lower the mipmap and texture quality in the videocards utility, this will happen. In the sim, you need to select max global texture. Not sure about the cockpitmenu, but I'd check there too for any settings. A third thing that can cause that is video mem overload.IE: the blurries... When you overload the video by using too high a settings, usually the cockpit texture is loweredas well as the outside landclass. As far as the vid card utilities, the settings to control texture and mipmap quality are under the "direct 3d" tab.You have sliders that say , high performance, performance, quality, high quality, etc.. If you use the lower performancesettings, this will blur the cockpit textures. I *think* the texture slider is the one that effects the panel bmp. I *think*the mipmap quality will have more effect on aircraft skins, etc.. I keep my settings on "quality" which is one notch downfrom "high quality". I don't see a large frame increase bylowering those on my card. You can have the sim set to have high detail for textures, but if your card itself is set to low, it will override the sim's settings. Normally, the 172 panelshould be sharp as a tack. In fact, it's probably one of the best stock VC's I've seen yet. Quite realistic feeling and looking.BTW.. I use only VC's...So don't know how the vid settings effectthe 2d panels. I've never once used a 2d panel in fsx yet..I quit 2d quite a while back when still on fs9..MK