Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Can't get used to Chaseplane

8 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Chaseplane doesn't let me to assign the right mouse button for panning, I already tried with no luck.

Sorry, you wanted  to assign a function for the right-mouse button. Not sure if that is possible in P3D.

Thank you to everyone for the help. While I don't have an Xbox controller lying around, if there is no other solution I might just use use a macro software to bind right mouse click to an unused key combo, which can then be detected by Chaseplane.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Just now, BiologicalNanobot said:

Thank you to everyone for the help. While I don't have an Xbox controller lying around, if there is no other solution I might just use use a macro software to bind right mouse click to an unused key combo, which can then be detected by Chaseplane.

That could work.. I don't think right mouse can be assigned the way you wanted by CP due to some limitations.

S.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

That could work.. I don't think right mouse can be assigned the way you wanted by CP due to some limitations.

S.

Thank you.

Also, I recommend everyone to check out the default camera system of v5, it is a massive improvement compared to previous versions. I have used the default camera for months and it was pretty nice. It is pretty much like X-Plane at this point - arrow keys / WASD to move in the cockpit, right mouse button to pan. It also allows quickly switching between aircraft-defined views and adjusting chase distance in exterior views.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, micstatic said:

also using an xbox controller.  Each airplane I have views set to various buttons.  IE, press left I'm VC Captain view.  Up is overhead panel.  Down is FMC.  would STRONGLY suggest picking an xbox controller up and using it.  I never deal with mouse button and panning issues like mentioned.  It's un-needed since you can use the stick buttons on the controller to smoothly pan around. 

Thanks to you and "Howellerman" for your valuable comments. Being brand new to Chaseplane, I think I will give XBOX controller a try. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

@simbol did you get a response from Keven?

Remapping right mouse button into a key does not seem to work well - right mouse button causes context menu to pop up, unlike P3D v5's default camera system where "advanced mouse controls" take care of it really well.

I wish there was a way to use P3D v5's default camera system for panning and Chaseplane for the rest. For now I'm sadly shelving it, even after using it for hours it really hurts to use middle mouse button.

10 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

really hurts to use middle mouse button

To each its own. I use the middle mouse button to pan around and zoom in/out .All with just one button / one finger - great !

Edited by willy647

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

8 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Remapping right mouse button into a key does not seem to work well - right mouse button causes context menu to pop up, unlike P3D v5's default camera system where "advanced mouse controls" take care of it really well.

I wish there was a way to use P3D v5's default camera system for panning and Chaseplane for the rest. For now I'm sadly shelving it, even after using it for hours it really hurts to use middle mouse button.

What you want can't be done reliably, they tried many times..

S.

I could never get used to using the Middle Mouse button for panning however for several years I have been using a gaming mouse with programmable side buttons and I use one of those with my right thumb for panning. I use it as an on/off switch but it can also be used as a momentary hold down switch. I also assign other mouse buttons for main camera views eg Pilot view.

Just my 2 cents for interest.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

I have never used the middle mouse button for scrolling around the cockpit. I have pre-defined views assigned to the Numpad keys and the view changes far quicker than by using the mouse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have never used the middle mouse button for scrolling around the cockpit. I have pre-defined views assigned to the Numpad keys and the view changes far quicker than by using the mouse.

Being new to Chaseplane, I did the same thing to be consistent with X-Plane 11. By the way, I guess Chaseplane discontinued the replay function; is that accurate? 

Edited by Les Parson
clarity.

1 hour ago, Les Parson said:

By the way, I guess Chaseplane discontinued the replay function; is that accurate? 

Dunno, never investigated it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/11/2021 at 5:54 PM, BiologicalNanobot said:

I remember that I didn't like Chaseplane when I started using it, in fact, I almost ditched Chaseplane after a day or two because of that one thing.  Like you, I wanted the right mouse button for pan.  

Eventually, I started using the middle mouse and it has become second-nature to me now.   I do also use a Logitech gamepad mounted to the center of my yoke, for quick view changes.  I'm a big proponent of panning using CP's pan feature, since I don't really like TrackIR.  TrackIR was one of those things that I tried and tried to use, but it just didn't take off.  Whereas Chaseplane, I tried and tried to like its panning method, and eventually I did warm to it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have just learnt something. I didn't realize that there was a middle mouse button. I thought it was just the scroll wheel. Amazing after all these years.  🙂   

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,