Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

GSX 'Pushback in Progress' box during cruise

Flying PMDG 777-300 EGLL to KSFO, I am just over Canada and the GSX 'Pushback in Progress' box with 'Interrupt pushback?' keeps popping up. I have to right click and close the window but it keeps coming up.

Coincidentally I can'y access the ActiveSky dialog box or ATC box (ATC is frozen).

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Never heard...try updating GSX....Can't access AS? From where?

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

the problem doesn’t have anything to do with GSX, it’s the simulator own menu that is stuck, it’s a known P3D bug that happens only with 5.1 and only when using the new Html menu system.

What’s really happening here, is another application calls the Simconnect menu, but instead of displaying what it’s supposed to display, it will show entries from a previous application the called the menu system. 

You said Active Sky menu or the ATC menu doesn’t work, it’s likely one of these is showing the GSX menu instead, it’s not GSX that called it, it’s just the menu stuck with the last set of entries.

Since GSX pushback is usually the last menu you call before takeoff, I can see how easily one can be mislead this is a GSX issue, but it’s not, it’s just the simulator own menu that is stuck.

The most telling proof of this, is that is not fixed by restarting GSX (if it really was a GSX problem, it would, since GSX has no memory of a previous session between restarts), and it’s only fixed by restarting the sim.

Many users reported this is fixed by reverting to the previous Scaleform based menu.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

Thanks. How do I revert to the Scaleform menu?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

14 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thanks. How do I revert to the Scaleform menu?

From an user (737SimGuy) in the P3D forum.

Here are the instructions to disable the HTML menus:

Modify the missionpanels.cfg in the gauges folder in your
Prepar3D installation directory.
Changing these entries will revert these windows back to the Scaleform version:

[Window10]
change:
html_file = menu;
html_instance_name = MenuPrompt;
to:
scaleform_file = menuwindow;
scaleform_instance_name = MenuPrompt;

[Window11]
change:
html_file = ATC;
html_instance_name = ATC;
to:
scaleform_instance_name = ATC;

[Window12] ; for GSX
change:
html_file = Menu;
html_instance_name = SimConnectWindow;
to:
scaleform_instance_name = SimConnectWindow;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious as to why the menu is already in Scaleform on my system ( fortunately).

Was the new Html menu system an option at the time of installation?

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

50 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

I'm curious as to why the menu is already in Scaleform on my system ( fortunately).

Was the new Html menu system an option at the time of installation?

It's not an installation option, but it's possible it might be installed or not depending how you updated from 5.0 to 5.1. It's known that, if you update using just the Client, the Html menu won't even work ( it requires the Content package or the Full installer ) so, possibly, a check has been added to the Client installer that, if you used the Client to update the sim, it might stay on Scaleform.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, virtuali said:

It's not an installation option, but it's possible it might be installed or not depending how you updated from 5.0 to 5.1. It's known that, if you update using just the Client, the Html menu won't even work ( it requires the Content package or the Full installer ) so, possibly, a check has been added to the Client installer that, if you used the Client to update the sim, it might stay on Scaleform.

Thanks for the explanations, indeed I had updated only Client.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|