Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

LFLC Clermont-Ferrand

Another French airport depicted in pictures! Having a blast discovering France in various aircraft. This time I've arrived in Clermont-Ferrand, which is another well rendered airport by France VFR. 

1QNl3Tq.jpg

g6Sat52.jpg

9sMfu3J.jpg

SSUUOaP.jpg

mX5rtKS.jpg

MoeOOPj.jpg

0tpXDVk.jpg

ok6EnA0.jpg

VKaAJS6.jpg

yJAp97r.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Another French airport depicted in pictures! Having a blast discovering France in various aircraft. This time I've arrived in Clermont-Ferrand, which is another well rendered airport by France VFR. 

Cpt Piett, can you see if there is ILS freq for Clermont-Ferrand airport and check if it appears in a G3000's MFD > Waypoint Info > Airport > Freq tab?

Thanks in advance

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, Noel said:

if there is ILS freq for Clermont-Ferrand

There is, however I've got navdata from Navigraph beta installed. Not sure if it's there in MSFS default though.

iEtXdzt.jpg

7 hours ago, Noel said:

check if it appears in a G3000's MFD > Waypoint Info > Airport > Freq tab?

It doesn't. ILS works fine though.

egPyNcu.jpg

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

That's the correct place to look--try scrolling down to look for an ILS entry, like you see here: 

KSBP-ILS-FREQ.png

I discovered several developers have inadvertently missed coding this correctly, so they leave the ILS fields, at airports w/ ILS, out unfortunately.  This is a really nice feature that almost all default airports have, and that allows you to select and auto-tune it when it's time to do so, instead of having to look it up and manually input it.   FSDreamTeam & Roman Designs have solved the issue, which I think is ultimatley Asobo's fault, but as say it is solvable.  I have tried to alert Asobo and a few other developers of airports I purchased and I'm hoping Orbx fixes KSBA that I bought.  I won't buy any airports that don't have this feature I value it greatly--that plus default airports are very often quite good anyway.  The image above from KSBP is a default airport, whereas the one below is Orbx's KSBA which as you can see is missing the ILS data for auto-tuning:

KSBA-ILS-FREQ-MISSING.png

Yes, please scroll down and see if the ILS data is there and if so I may jump in an buy these.

Cheers and thanks

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Yes, please scroll down

I did that, and unfortunatelyt no ILS freq is listed. It is active and working otherwise however. Perhaps you should make a request to France Vfr.

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I did that, and unfortunatelyt no ILS freq is listed. It is active and working otherwise however. Perhaps you should make a request to France Vfr.

I seem to be one of the few who care as I've zendesked it, sent it to Orbx (which says it will try to fix it) and Lvfr and Flightbeam.  Only Roman Designs of Canada took the effort to fix it, and FSDreamTeam as well.

Noel

Why does the AirFrance logo on the 747 seem to be the wrong way round

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

1 hour ago, Freo said:

Why does the AirFrance logo on the 747 seem to be the wrong way round

I know, it doesnt look great. Seems to be an Asobo design flaw in livery texturing with the 747.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mirrored-textures-747-8-and-787-10/300673/4

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I seem to be one of the few who care

If it weren’t for the fact that I always  use Navigraph charts I would agree that it would be a very useful feature. In fact, I can’t even remember how I looked up frequencies before Navigraph. I’ve been a subscriber for many years now. Well worth it. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

I use Navigraph and LittleNavMap also and for sure it's not hard to find an ILS freq.  I was delighted to learn you can select and activate it in-sim so it's become a habit for me, so was disappointed to to discover this is being left out by most developers.  It will dampen my appetite to buy 3rd party airports also in part because of a couple of other important factors:  the default airports are already quite good, plus and this is very important:  3rd party airports typically do not perform nearly as well in terms of processing demand.  Often I have to dial back settings sometimes drastically to get off the ground at very detailed airports and this does not happen w/ default airports.  Very predictable that higher detail work requires more processing power I understand, but then to leave out this nice feature on top of this makes me less inclined to buy airports, so won't, except from FSDreamTeams and Roman Designs as theirs do incorporate this capability.  I probably should do another attempt w/ Asobo to get this resolved.

Noel