Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Why I think MSFS is the best thing since crusty bread

Yeah yeah, I know, but I think sliced bread is an abomination.

Anyway, this is what it's all about for me. I hope all the tubeliner guys out there eventually get what they want out of this sim too, but for me it's already close to perfect.

CgEnZHG.jpg

Sitting in front of a big 40 inch screen at 4k and looking at scenes like this I swear I can actually feel the sunshine and smell that woodland!

Edited by andy1252
text
  • Like 14

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

A convincing argument but I'm sticking with XP for a while yet.

When it works, it can indeed look great 🙂

Still have P3D installed for when everything has to work..

• Like 1

Bert

4 hours ago, olderndirt said:

A convincing argument but I'm sticking with XP for a while yet.

Hi OnD, I've still got XP and I do use it very occasionally. Only around the TE regions, but I still enjoy lots of things about it. I've got some nice aircraft for that and I really like Traffic Global with it. But I'll probably never buy another addon for it now.

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

When it works, it can indeed look great 🙂

Still have P3D installed for when everything has to work..

Hi Bert, I've also still got P3D (v3/4/5) on my system, but I don't use them now. I never liked the way the tiles in the landscape worked, what with random edges of built up areas and such. It can look pretty good, until you look closely, and I mostly like to fly pretty close to the ground. Plus I still find it incredibly jerky and full of stutters, even in v5 with a Titan card. I'm thinking I might create a completely clean instal of V5 at some point, and just run the True Earth stuff on it, because as with XP I have a massive hangar full of aircraft I do miss. If they ever get it to run smoothly, maybe if and when v6 or whenever, I might investigate again. But for now, I've got the whole world to explore in MSFS.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I agree Andy, other flight sims have long expired since MSFS came out, nothing will ever come close!

HQ capture by the way! 

• Like 1

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

12 hours ago, admbar said:

I agree Andy, other flight sims have long expired since MSFS came out, nothing will ever come close!

HQ capture by the way! 

I am with that, nice shot by the way. 

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I agree with you that it is "crusty."  As in hard on the teeth. 😀

For the type of RW simulation that I do, nothing can touch XP 11. It will take years for MSFS to get there, but at least you get to enjoy your investment now.

Congrats!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I agree with you that it is "crusty."  As in hard on the teeth. 😀

For the type of RW simulation that I do, nothing can touch XP 11. It will take years for MSFS to get there, but at least you get to enjoy your investment now.

Congrats!

There is a small part of me that would love to get in to the (sim) cockpit of something like a jumbo and be able to work through all the stuff properly and get a flight going. But so far, it's all more mumbo-jumbo than jumbo to me. I keep telling myself that I really must settle down and get to grips with learning a bit more about it, but then I get distracted and head off sightseeing again. Maybe one day. Meanwhile, I will admit to going for the odd "ctrl-e" type flight in the 747-200 or maybe -400 in XP. That works quite well for me.

Hope it all comes good for you sooner rather than later.

XP when I want the knobs and switches to work........MSFS for the VFR view. Must try that helo!

Edited by ozcanuck55

Beautiful shot, Andy,....the background mountain ridges look perfect in the capture....(have seen plenty of similar scenery in the Smokies...🙂...so can tell...)...