Sign in to follow this  
badgenes

A321 FBW - Advice and offensive initials not allowed

OK so I've watched A320simpilot's videos but apparently missed something critical: when typing in the EFB for Simbrief the sim processes my input too which equates to all sorts of s**t going on/off.  As well, I am no longer able to input my simbrief userid in the MCD.  Obviously these are critical issues that prevent a proper flight setup so if someone can perhaps correct my mistakes I would be most appreciative.

Try left click on the EFB whilst holding the right ALT key and it with create a second window which you can type in withour affecting anything else in the aircraft.

Bob

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Palmer

I'm fortunate enough to only have to reset the parking brake 😄

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Fix your MCD issue: delete FBW mod and reinstall using their installer from scratch

as per the EFB entries that is a known  issue My login switches the lights and de-ice on. 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

To the FBW devs who frequent this board, can I suggest adding a keyboard to the EFB so we can click keyboard keys on the EFB itself? I'd post in discord but I cannot.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

A321? They have that now?

Yes, Air France flies them.  However my post cannot be edited to correct my mistake so....FBW A32NX

One minor annoyance (which I'm sure will be fixed at some point) is that, unlike in the MCDU, your user name isn't stored in the EFB. Also - I thought there was a move to switch to pilot IDs instead of user names <??>.

• Like 3

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

OK so I've removed the mod, downloaded the latest installer and installed stable this time and still I go into the MCDU, AOC, Options, Simbrief and not able to enter after inputting userid.  I must be doing something wrong but not sure what.

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

One minor annoyance (which I'm sure will be fixed at some point) is that, unlike in the MCDU, your user name isn't stored in the EFB. Also - I thought there was a move to switch to pilot IDs instead of user names <??>.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

To the FBW devs who frequent this board, can I suggest adding a keyboard to the EFB so we can click keyboard keys on the EFB itself? I'd post in discord but I cannot.

You can add a feature request on their GitHub page.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

OK so again I'm stuck.  I've got my numbers numbering, I've got a flight plan on simbrief, I goto Init Req and...nothing happens. no alternate route, etc.  I will say I did load the flight plan via MSFS...is this why this is failing to load the remaining info?

15 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Not sure which versions is being discussed here (Stable, Development or Experimental) but I use the Development version (b79537a) current one.  I have no issue with entering just my sim brief username via the keyboard, then mouse clicking somewhere in the blank area on the EFB screen for it to accept the input.  Then on the EFB's first page I select the 'sim brief' button, it loads and all works fine.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

stable version but I was running the dev version.  so you are inputting into the EFB, clicking SimBrief, then are you clicking Link MCDU?