Sign in to follow this  
badgenes

A321 FBW - Advice and offensive initials not allowed

A few points here ...

1) After editing/saving the Simbrief flight plan are you generating an Online Flight Plan (OFP)?

2) Just checking .. the MCDU accepts IDs, but the EFB only accepts Pilot Names.

3) The "Link MCDU" button isn't operative yet.

4) (Mike) - work on the "Experimental" version has now stopped - all its features were ported over to the Dev version.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

21 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

A few points here ...

1) After editing/saving the Simbrief flight plan are you generating an Online Flight Plan (OFP)?

2) Just checking .. the MCDU accepts IDs, but the EFB only accepts Pilot Names.

3) The "Link MCDU" button isn't operative yet.

4) (Mike) - work on the "Experimental" version has now stopped - all its features were ported over to the Dev version.

thank you, I did not know these specifics.  So, is the experimental version completely abandoned or just stopped temporarily to port it over to Dev?  Also since you seem knowledgeable, quick question, should the wipers be removing rain from the windshield?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 minute ago, Mike S KPDX said:

So, is the experimental version completely abandoned or just stopped temporarily to port it over to Dev?  Also since you seem knowledgeable, quick question, should the wipers be removing rain from the windshield?

I think the next "Experimental" stage of the FBW will be called something else entirely so development on the "current" Experimental version has stopped.

I've never played with the wipers in the rain, so will give that a go next time. Do they do anything in any other aircraft?

6 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

thank you, I did not know these specifics.  So, is the experimental version completely abandoned or just stopped temporarily to port it over to Dev?  Also since you seem knowledgeable, quick question, should the wipers be removing rain from the windshield?

The wiper/rain thing is an Asobo one. We can't do anything about this, until the SDK enables us to modify the model.

FlyByWire Simulations

8 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

so development on the "current" Experimental version has stopped

Did not know that either. Still flying the exp mod. So should I switch to the dev mod now or are dev and exp basically indentical now? 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

Did not know that either. Still flying the exp mod. So should I switch to the dev mod now or are dev and exp basically indentical now? 

I think the exp version has been static for a week or so now. Dev has all the goodies that exp had and as I write there is an update again to download.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

34 minutes ago, DAD said:

Did not know that either. Still flying the exp mod. So should I switch to the dev mod now or are dev and exp basically identical now? 

Absolutely - yes - switch to the DEV mod, as that's the one that gets daily updates.

• Like 2