Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 beta sign-ups now open!

Head now to the Xbox Insider Hub app and click on "Previews" to sign up for the Sim Update 4 beta. Only 300 slots are available so you have to be quick!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

Registration will open Monday, May 10th at 8 am PDT. 300 spots are available. If you are on our list of selected users and we have contacted you about joining this opportunity already, you do not need to sign up.

1. On your Windows 10 device, launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
  2. Navigate to Previews > Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  3. Select Join.
  4. Joining will direct you to the Store to install Microsoft Flight Simulator
    • If you are NOT one of the first 300 users to sign up you will receive a notification letting you know that the test is full and there are no more available spots for this test
    • If you DO NOT receive the above message then you are in the test! An update for Microsoft Flight Simulator will become available for you on May 12th and can be downloaded through the Store app. This update must be installed to access the test.
      • Starting May 12th if you have been selected you will now have access to a new area of the forum to provide feedback.
  5. Be sure to review the NDA here.

FAQ

1. Will this replace my current version or be a separate instance of MSFS?
    • This will be an update to your current version.
  2. Will I be able to revert back to the retail version if I would like to opt out?
    • You would need to uninstall and reinstall the sim if you wish to revert back to the retail version, as well as opt out via your user profile on our website.
  3. Will we still be able to fly multiplayer with those in the retail build?
    • Unfortunately, you will not be able to see your friends who are not in the test with you.
  4. Will there be guided parameters to help provide feedback?
    • This test will primarily focus on performance and stability. We will have a template created in the forums for users to post some specific things that can help us narrow down any issues sent. The sub-category will be available to the 300 participants soon on our forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/
  5.  Is this under NDA?
  6. Can I participate if I play the sim on Steam?
    • Unfortunately, this particular flighting test is only available for Microsoft Store users at this time.

GUIDELINES & NDA

You may be invited, at Microsoft’s discretion to download early versions of the Game and participate in test phases. Access to the early versions of the Game, test phases and the associated services will occur at Microsoft’s discretion and the times will be published on the MicrosoftStudios.com website. These testing phases include experimental and early pre-release software. This means that you may experience occasional crashes and data loss. Some Xbox Live features may not work correctly. Since some builds are pre-release code, we cannot provide customer service in the traditional sense. However, data and Feedback as you play and enjoy the Game will help us improve and enhance the final product.

Thank you for choosing to participate in the Microsoft Flight Simulator video game (“Game”) Insider Program (“Program”)! By registering for the Program, you’re telling us you’re eligible and willing to access and participate in previewing aspects of the Microsoft Flight Simulator video game, including early testing of the Game, and associated promotional and communication materials (collectively, the “Materials”) before they are rolled out to the general public, and providing feedback via web surveys, forums and other electronic means.

The Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement apply to your participation in this Program. You will need to login with your Gamertag.

The Program is open worldwide to individual persons who are 18 years and older at the time of enrollment and have a Microsoft account (“MSA”). Void where prohibited by law.

You acknowledge that everything related to this Program is confidential and should be treated as confidential until such time as Microsoft releases it. If you have a non-disclosure agreement (“NDA”) with Microsoft, then the terms of that NDA govern your confidentiality obligations with respect to this confidential information.

Please keep in mind that features you see in this Program may change or be removed in the final version and those features should always remain confidential.

1. Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game.
  2. Do not post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game on any venue.
  3. Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.
  4. Do not allow others to watch you play the Game.
  5. Do not leave the Game running unattended.

No compensation will be paid with respect to Microsoft’s use of your Feedback.

You may unenroll from the program by unsubscribing at https://www.flightsimulator.com/profile

For any questions or concerns about this program, please contact us at support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com.

Microsoft reserves the right to terminate your access to all or part of the Program at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.

• Like 4

I must have got in. When I clicked "Join" it took me to the M$ Store.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

44 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

+1

47 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

+1

Hopefully they'll listen to your suggestions....cause that didn't happen in alpha haha.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I figured it would be filled up after such a short time, but, nope - they let me in. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Whoops I hit sign up before seeing it's not open to Steam users.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

well that makes two of us then.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

20 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

well that makes two of us then.

If you really, really want to participate, apparently subscribing to Xbox Game Pass makes the beta accessible, while the Steam version stays on the live build. Otherwise, opting out will probably free up slots for someone else to take.

• Like 1

Wow, must still have slots open. Was able to get in. 

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I’ll give it a swerve. Current version is pretty stable. Not worth messing 

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Current version is pretty stable. Not worth messing 

Indeed, there are multiple reports people get their install and community folders wiped out, forced to re-download 173GB

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-4-testing-sign-ups/400514/10?u=cptlucky8

• Like 3

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hopefully they'll listen to your suggestions....cause that didn't happen in alpha haha.

Good joke 🤣

Warning!!!

Surprise after download and install 1.6GB app update.

xvAO5zK.jpg

ZF2UCNt.jpg

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

Indeed, there are multiple reports people get their install and community folders wiped out, forced to re-download 173GB

I know how to help them 😉

3 minutes ago, TENPATROL said:

Good joke 🤣

Warning!!!

What a coincidence, I just linked your post right above! and I don't find this a joke 😲

PS: I got Ryan's joke and your answer alright though 😂

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)