Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Live weather doesn't load after 1st flight

Yep I know this has been there since day 1 but its really annoying.  Just happened again now for me, it is intermittent but I would say 70% of my 2nd flights don't load live weather in.  Have to kill the sim and restart which is a pain because it takes so frikkin long to load!  Loading in with clear skies and then switching to Live weather never works me either.  Hey ho moan over hope they fix it soon!

Thomas Derbyshire

19 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Yep I know this has been there since day 1 but its really annoying.  Just happened again now for me, it is intermittent but I would say 70% of my 2nd flights don't load live weather in.  Have to kill the sim and restart which is a pain because it takes so frikkin long to load!  Loading in with clear skies and then switching to Live weather never works me either.  Hey ho moan over hope they fix it soon!

Have you tried loading a different weather scenario and waiting for it update conditions, then going back to live weather and waiting for it to develop live conditions again?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Have you tried loading a different weather scenario and waiting for it update conditions, then going back to live weather and waiting for it to develop live conditions again?

yep never works for me, have to restart the sim every time.

Thomas Derbyshire

Same Problem for month. I have to reload the whole simulator to get real weather.

Achim

I said in my OP that never works for me.

Thomas Derbyshire

I never fly two flights in a row without shutting down MSFS in between flights. It's worth the couple of minutes to restart the sim, to avoid problems. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It has not worked since the UK world update for me, I still have to restart the sim for it to work properly.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 hours ago, precog said:

Yep, it's annoying. Work around that works for me.... Go back to the flight planning screen, choose clear sky and load up flight.  When back in the cockpit, choose live weather.

This has always consistently worked for me. If this doesnt work for some then there must be one or more other settings in the menu's that are effecting things and one who is having the issue should probably sit with someone who uses this work-around successfully and compare all menu settings on voice chat. I'm betting it is related to one of the MP settings.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hangar said:

This has always consistently worked for me. If this doesnt work for some then there must be one or more other settings in the menu's that are effecting things and one who is having the issue should probably sit with someone who uses this work-around successfully and compare all menu settings on voice chat. I'm betting it is related to one of the MP settings.

Do you get the correct wind and temperature when you do this?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

never checked temps but yes for the winds which lately have been very close to the metars in my area where i typically fly...but I notice that in-game ATIS reports are typically useless.

Somebody gave me advice and it worked. Turn multiplayer off. select clear weather. Load a flight then go to menu and choose live weather. Works every time time now without restarting the sim !

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Right...it is likely MP related...while this makes a good test at first...you dont actually need to have MP off...it s a related setting in those MP options that needs to be set a certain way because if its not youll never get real weather working...I just forget which option needs to be on/off in the MP settings that will allow you to keep MP working. I'll take a look and see if i can remember which one is the culprit.

Edited by hangar

**UPDATED: Ok so...when in flight planning screen go into the Flight Conditions screen using that button in upper right...the on left side choose ALL PLAYERS for MP, Air Traffic can be off (dont think this setting really matters),Weather & Time - PRESET.

Then...on right hand side under the Preset Menu choose "Clear Skies", hit BACKSPACE and then hit the FLY button.

Once in your plane goto the hidden top menu weather widget (it should already selected on the clear skies option) and select LIVE weather.

To start a new flight just head back to the flight planning screen...load your new plane and/or new airport departure point and hit the fly button again, done....you should NOT need to mess with anything again in weather or MP area since it should have saved from last time you set it.

Once you enter back into the new plane or new location your weather out the window will already be set at clear skies and all you need to do is use the weather widget to change it to "Live weather".

So...I think it's probably the selecting of the "ALL PLAYERS" and "PRESET" on that left side menu that are important here. If you have the MP players on the wrong setting then there are weather restrictions/rules you may not realize are in place possibly due to hosting/client relationships with the weather conditions while online.

Edited by hangar