Sign in to follow this  
airjuneau

SID window won't open

In the last time I observed that the SID selection window sometimes won't open. Today it happened on a flight from Barcelona (LEBL) to Madrid (LEMD). STAR and APPR window open without a problem. Does anyone know why and has a solution?

Cheers, Ryan

It can take a long to open if there are a lot of SIDs at an airport.

Or it could be opening on a "Phantom" screen.  IF that is  the case, you will see a second P2A icon on the task bar.

1)    After clicking the SID button, Hover over the P2A icon on the Taskbar. There should be multiple windows and one is the SID window
2)    Hover over that window and a larger thumbnail of the window should show
3)    Right-click that larger thumbnail
4)    Select Move
5)    Hold down the Right Arrow key on the keyboard until the program comes into view
6)    If that doesn’t work, hold down the left arrow
7)    Once the window is in view, use the mouse to move it to the desired location.
😎  Shut down Pilot2ATC so the location will be remembered.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have to say neither of these suggestions worked. I found out that it depends on the airport. Till date I could identify Barcelona (LEBL) and São Paulo-Guarulhos (SBGR) with this problem. The other tested airports work without a problem and the SID window appears immediately. I waited about 20 minutes for the SID window to appear at LEBL but nothing happened. Also there are no multiple windows - just the main P2ATC window in the taskbar. It is unique to the SID window. If I choose LEBL as depature and arrival airport - the STAR and APPR window will open. Maybe it's important to say that I'm using P2ATC with MSFS and the database was ceated with the latest version of MakeRwys.

Cheers, Ryan

The MakeRwys data is not used when openning the SID window, so that is not the issue.

I just tried it at LEBL for runway 25R and it took about 12 seconds to load the first time.  I then changed to all the runways and each of them was instantaneous .

SBGR initial load was about 6 seconds for 27R.  All runways were instantaneous after that.

It's possible you are hitting an error for some reason.  If you send me a log file after you've experienced the long wait with no results, I can see if it shows any errors.  Send to admin@pilot2atc.com.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Dave