Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Missing (or corrupt textures) - how to reinstall?

I appear to have missing corrupt material/texture files (CEMENTDIRT01) as areas using it are showing pink. The actual file referred to is ASO_CEMENT01_ALBEDO.TIF.DDS.

This occurs at a few freeware airports but also with Orbx EGLC - and show all the time/at all distances. Orbx are helping out, but no solution as yet.

eglc-bug.jpg?dl=1

I've tried:

1) Completely fresh installs of all sceneries and run EGLC with a completely empty Community folder.
2) Deleting caches.
3) Deleting content.xml and the scenery indexes.
4) Multiple reboots/restarts.

What's the best procedure to attempt to reinstall these possibly corrupt textures? I'd hate to have to reinstall MSFS totally from scratch.

Would it be possible to delete [Core Content/Mandatory Packages] from Content Manager then allow FS to re-download it? Would that replace these files?

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

11 hours ago, HPG said:

How were you able to determine what file it was? I am having a similar issue, but no idea which texture is the problem.

I think a couple of scenery developers identified it for me. I wouldn't know where to start!

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I think a couple of scenery developers identified it for me. I wouldn't know where to start!

to have that file redownloaded you need to know in what folder it resides.

i had deleted the tbm folder, i dont fly that plane, but next startup it downloaded just that, so official folders do get redownloaded.

i did a search,  it is in the fs-base-material-lib, this folder is only 127 megs big, so worth a try.

delete the folder and startup the sim...hope it works..best is to make a copy first.

good luck

I imagine a lot of us simmers have the excellent free Gatwick scenery installed from Flightsim.to - I determined it was the cause of my issue last night, informed the developer and he has released an update today.

I also manually fixed the issue myself yesterday evening...ok 1AM, but still...I've found that adding your addons in letter by letter is the most efficient way to narrow down your culprit when stuff like this and CTD occur. 

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

theoretically...someone could send you the specific file and you can just pop it in and solve a lot of headaches. 😶

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

Aren't all the files in MSFS encrypted?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've just found the file, dragged in onto desktop, then dragged it back in for an overwrite, so should be possible.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

Well ... after trying all the fixes and general voodoo, I found NOTHING worked, so had to bite the bullet and do a complete reinstall.

Apart from the d/l time, it wasn't that painful - and my pinkies are now GONE!!!! 🙂

7 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Well ... after trying all the fixes and general voodoo, I found NOTHING worked, so had to bite the bullet and do a complete reinstall.

Apart from the d/l time, it wasn't that painful - and my pinkies are now GONE!!!! 🙂

So what fixed it for you was deleting 'fs-base-material-lib' and redownloading it again?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 5/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

I appear to have missing corrupt material/texture files (CEMENTDIRT01) as areas using it are showing pink. The actual file referred to is ASO_CEMENT01_ALBEDO.TIF.DDS.

This occurs at a few freeware airports but also with Orbx EGLC - and show all the time/at all distances. Orbx are helping out, but no solution as yet.

eglc-bug.jpg?dl=1

I've tried:

1) Completely fresh installs of all sceneries and run EGLC with a completely empty Community folder.
2) Deleting caches.
3) Deleting content.xml and the scenery indexes.
4) Multiple reboots/restarts.

What's the best procedure to attempt to reinstall these possibly corrupt textures? I'd hate to have to reinstall MSFS totally from scratch.

Would it be possible to delete [Core Content/Mandatory Packages] from Content Manager then allow FS to re-download it? Would that replace these files?

Adam.

Did you by any change download the Gatwick airport??   That gave me the same effect on other airports. There is a fix at flightsm.to if thats the problem.

I see that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Edited by hansb57

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

So what fixed it for you was deleting 'fs-base-material-lib' and redownloading it again?

Tried that ... didn't work ... so went for broke and did a full re-install.

2 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Did you by any change download the Gatwick airport??   That gave me the same effect on other airports. There is a fix at flightsm.to if thats the problem.

I see that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

I honestly can't remember seeing (or trying) that fix. I tried so many things that I must have lost the plot in the end - or simply ran out of patience! As a matter of interest, I'll see if I can find the fix you mention - if only to see whether I'd tried it LOL!

Many thanks to all that offered suggestions!

========================

Found that info you mentioned:
"Version 9.9.8 SU5 F1 August 03, 2021"
Asphalt bitumen texture changed to a default type, was causing other community airports ground textures to go pink
https://flightsim.to/file/5784/gatwick-egkk-ultra-star-edition-phase-1-0#pills-changelog

Edited by Adamski_NZ

I have like these diamond shaped "things" lying on major highways since SU5. Other roads seem OK.
No clue how to get rid of them, vanilla install...

m4drcCo.png

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR