Sign in to follow this  
touchdown84

StreamDeck plugin cannot display two LVars

I've tried with plugin version 3.0 and 3.15, same result on both:

When I use a TextGauge to display two different(!) LVars it does not work. Both LVars show fine on their own or when I use the same LVar for "Variable 1" and "Variable 2", but when I use two different LVars it does not (display does not update, for neither variable).

Also another small glitch I noticed, when "Variable 2" is "0" it shows up as an empty string instead of "0" (with both A: and L: vars).

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

Can you please post a conctrete example? What LVars from what plane in which simulator did not work for you? And what values should they display? I wasn't aware that Lvars contain much useful information...

LORBY-SI

With MSFS and I was using an automated script to set two lvars with the current heading in degrees so I could display those in the same gauge:

(A:PLANE·HEADING·DEGREES·TRUE,·Radians)·rddg·(>L:CUSTOM_HEADING_TRUE,·number)·(A:PLANE·HEADING·DEGREES·MAGNETIC,·Radians)·rddg·(>L:CUSTOM_HEADING_MAGNETIC,·number)

But for some reason the issue seems to have resolved itself, I cleaned up my streamdeck profile and removed all buttons/gauges and recreated them again, and now it works and I cannot reproduce it.
Had it all day yesterday, so not sure by what it was caused.

The second point is still there though, a very simple to reproduce: Create a TextGauge where both variables are set to A:BRAKE PARKING POSITION, bool . When the parking brake is set shows two "1"s, but when not it shows only one "0" and nothing else.

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

17 minutes ago, touchdown84 said:

The second point is still there though, a very simple to reproduce: Create a TextGauge where both variables are set to A:BRAKE PARKING POSITION, bool . When the parking brake is set shows two "1"s, but when not it shows only one "0" and nothing else.

Confirmed. I will upload a new version of the plugin shortly, where this is fixed.

Edit: Version 3.17 of the SD plugin is available for download.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

6 minutes ago, touchdown84 said:

With MSFS and I was using an automated script to set two lvars with the current heading in degrees so I could display those in the same gauge:

Or you could just use 

(A:PLANE·HEADING·DEGREES·TRUE, Degrees)

(A:PLANE·HEADING·DEGREES·MAGNETIC, Degrees)

The sim will convert the unit as required.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI