Sign in to follow this  
peter_737

No co-pilot response MSFS2020

Hi 

I am running the trial version of MCE MSFS2020, I have gone through all the setup procedures  without problems, launched MCE as administrator. The program runs through its launch sequence ie wait for co pilot to board then get the message MCE good to go but cannot get any response from the co pilot, I have checked all the sound settings everything seems ok, I have run the Assign sound settings again and that still completes with out problems but still unabl to awaken co-pilot. I am using a usb headset and mic.

any help would be appreciated, ps I only have one more launch left on my free trial.

Thanks Peter P.

1 hour ago, peter_737 said:

Hi 

I am running the trial version of MCE MSFS2020, I have gone through all the setup procedures  without problems, launched MCE as administrator. The program runs through its launch sequence ie wait for co pilot to board then get the message MCE good to go but cannot get any response from the co pilot, I have checked all the sound settings everything seems ok, I have run the Assign sound settings again and that still completes with out problems but still unabl to awaken co-pilot. I am using a usb headset and mic.

any help would be appreciated, ps I only have one more launch left on my free trial.

Thanks Peter P.

Hello Peter.

It's vey likely because MCE is expecting speech on wrong device or putting out audio on the wrong one.

In MCE user interface, go to <About> tab and ensure both "Sound In" and "Sound Out" display your USB headset.

If not, shutdown MCE and click Windows menu Start->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

Carefully select your USB device in both Input and Output boxes, click OK and let the tool make automatic adjustments if required.

Restart MCE and it should use the correct ones.

Make sure headset is plugged to the back of the PC and not via a USB hub or front PC connectorrs (which may not deliver enough power to the device)

With regards MSFS in general, do not start MCE until aircraft is eady to fly. This is to ensure it is identified properly.

Specific to CRJ.

For total speech control with this particular plane, ensure CRJ is set as the default plane MSFS loads on startup.

Should get you up and running.

How do I set the CRJ to the default aircraft in MSFS, sorry but I'm not very techy when it comes to computers?

9 minutes ago, peter_737 said:

How do I set the CRJ to the default aircraft in MSFS, sorry but I'm not very techy when it comes to computers?

If it was the last one you flew, then you can assume it will be default on next MSFS start.

Otherwise, load CRJ all the way to "ready for flight state", then shutdown MSFS and estart the sim.

It might be OK to switch from ANY Asobo plane to CRJ or FlyBywire mod, just not from FlyBywire mod to CRJ (or vice vers), without needing to restart the sim for co-pilot smooth operation.

Hi 

I followed your instructions too the letter, went to the <About> tab as advised both sound in and sound out was set to my headset, my headset is connected to the back of the computer, in sound 

settings my microphone is showing an output when I speak into it. I am also loading the aircraft at a airport before turning on MCE but alas still no response from the FO. To make things worse my 

3 day trial has just ended.

Peter P.

Hi 

I followed your instructions too the letter, went to the <About> tab as advised both sound in and sound out was set to my headset, my headset is connected to the back of the computer, in sound 

settings my microphone is showing an output when I speak into it. I am also loading the aircraft at a airport before turning on MCE but alas still no response from the FO. To make things worse my 

3 day trial has just ended.

Peter P.

Well, even when the Demo expires, you should still be able to talk and see speech recognized. Just that FO won't execute commands.

The only thing that would prevent speech going through is the new Windows 10 privacy setting whereby you could deny specific apps access to microphone.

Maybe disabled that accidentally.

It definitely works, and we wouldn't be in this business for more than a decade if everyone had this kind of experience.

I'm not sure why you didn't get in touch when you first began the trial.

Edited by FS++

Hi FS++

I know your products work I have had MCE for FSX and X plane, and spent many hours of flying with MCE in the past, I will have a look at Win 10 privacy settings and see if that could be the problem, As regards the trial I lost 2 days due to work, at the moment I am still furloughed and only called into work when needed and just my luck I was called in Sun/Mon.

Thanks for all your help and quick responses.

Peter P.

Hi FS++

I know your products work I have had MCE for FSX and X plane, and spent many hours of flying with MCE in the past, I will have a look at Win 10 privacy settings and see if that could be the problem, As regards the trial I lost 2 days due to work, at the moment I am still furloughed and only called into work when needed and just my luck I was called in Sun/Mon.

Thanks for all your help and quick responses.

Peter P.

Hey there

As far as i know, you don't need to buy MCE again to use it for msfs. you mentioned flying with MCE before, so i want to make sure; you can use your previous purchase info to get a license key for your current machine and activate MCE to use for msfs

21 hours ago, peter_737 said:

I have gone through all the setup procedures  without problems

Hello Peter,

I wondered if the above includes the installation wizzard?

You have to enter your name. Did you hear it spoken back to you?

Did you do speech training provided in the wizzard? Did that work OK?

Without a license key the wizzard will still run, the program itself does not to the best of my knowledge.

Daniel