Sign in to follow this  
Flexman

Is there a way to shift the camera center left or right?

Hello,

I've been wondering if there's a way to change the camera center in Prepar3d. I don't mean panning the camera left or right I mean shifting how much cockpit we see left or right by shifting the vanishing point position so that it's not centered in the monitor (kind of what would happen with a tilt shift lens on a camera).

I place my camera such that in my 27" monitor I see the whole MCP and my PDF (FO seat). To achieve that, I have to move the camera to the left and that leaves me uncentered with my PFD/control column, like you would sit in the actual cockpit.

Is there a way to change the render center so that the new center of the render shifts to the right of the monitor while keeping my control column centered with the PFD? I made an animation (with photoshop) that I hope explains what I mean. Notice how the vanishing point is shifted to the right (which is what I want) and there's more render to the left of it.

Thanks

u4LVEip.gif

Edited by Flexman

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Maybe this animation explains better what I'm looking to do.

camera-shift2-peque.gif

Omar Josef
737/757/767

I just saw this.  I think you're trying to pan left without changing your eyepoint.  There is a pan left option in Chaseplane.  Check the various control assignments.