Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

777 Immersion V2 for previous customers?

Hi,

Thank you for bringing the 777 Immersion to P3Dv5. However I don't see any option for previous owners to use this update. What is the upgrade path ?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi There,

I worked on this project with //42. Much like 737 Immersion V2, this product is completely new from the ground up, built to fully replace the 2014 release of 777 Immersion V1. As such it is not considered an update and there is no upgrade path available. We're excited to leverage all new tech here, and go into details on the store page about some of these new approaches, thank you for your support!

Regards,

Simbol

Thank you for the reply Simbol. I personally fail to justify how V2 can require a full re-purchase as I don't see such drastic difference from V1, but I understand that's a company decision and I respect it. I will consider if I'll invest in it.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

13 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

Thank you for the reply Simbol. I personally fail to justify how V2 can require a full re-purchase as I don't see such drastic difference from V1, but I understand that's a company decision and I respect it. I will consider if I'll invest in it.

Hi ComSimPilot,

As you know, PMDG released a new version of the 777 which is a complete new airplane alongside with their expansion pack.. so Immersion V2 had to include support for 4 NEW 777 PMDG aircraft's:

777-200LR
777-200ER
777-300ER
777F - Cargo

All the internal variables of PMDG changed with their new models, and each of such variables are different and behave different for each aircraft model above, also the geometry of wings changed, the wing flex parameters changed, their base color lighting changed and to add to the complication all effects had to be re-done in order to include compatibility not only for V4 but also for V5 which requires different files effect formats, physics, textures and colors.

In addition we had to add support for 5 different engine types:

General Electric GE-110
General Electric GE90-115
General Electric GE94
Prat and Whitney
Roll Royce

Each engine has different geometry, different trust factors and behaviors which of course influence many aspects in the simulation and accordingly their desired effects, such as contrails, cold starts, spouts, jet wash, engine condensation, Nacell streaks, etc.

V2 technology is completely different from V1 and includes a vast amount of new features. We do appreciate your feedback but trust me when I tell you, this thing was build up from scratch taking an incredible amount of man hours and it does looks and feels very different from V1.

However I will pass on your concerns to //42 management.

All the best,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much again Simbol and the //42 team for offering an upgrade path. I really appreciate your gesture and I have now purchased 777 v2 immersion. I am sure this move will make many V1 owners to purchase the upgrade the remaining days of the offer. 

• Like 3