Sign in to follow this  
guibru

The Tupolev Tu-134 may compel you to learn Russian!

The developer has been issuing sparse updates, answering requests from curious simmers who want to know more about the development progress. On the latest video update, a lengthy one and a half hour stream, Aleksei, the main developer, takes us through a tour of the Tu-134, showing his creation in great detail.

The cockpit window is now fully animated, and we can also see the rain effects on the windshield. The developer is looking for high levels of realism here, both on the visual side and with the simulation complexity. Full start-up and shutdown procedures are possible, and every twitch and knob is functional, with their respective sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WRbPU09tg&t=31s

Edited by guibru
  • Like 5

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Looks great. Tu-134 meant to fly by multicrew, so jumping from navigator to pilot station for example will be fun part! 🙂 Developer mention that autopilot function doesn't work in SDK out of the box and he will have to spend some time tweaking it!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Sounds superb - i loved that flying in the older FSX times..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

You must think in Russian!  Remember, think in RUSSIAN!

a gold star for you, if you can name what that quote comes from.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have it in P3D v5.1 and it's incredible. For multi-crew part, well - you have an entire virtual crew available to work with in it. It's also voice-activated, so you can issue voice commands to your crew. 

I am more interested in the destination scenery they use in the video, has anyone a clue? It looks superbly realistic.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I read about this at msfsaddons.com, and it seems to me the OP quoted them directly without mentioning the source. Might want to check that, they deserve it!

2 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I have it in P3D v5.1 and it's incredible.

That sounds quite interesting, I assume it's this one ? : https://tupolenok.wayforpay.shop/en/?prod=18589

Does it come with any documentation, either Russian or english ?

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

7 hours ago, Mace said:

You must think in Russian!  Remember, think in RUSSIAN!

a gold star for you, if you can name what that quote comes from.

Haha. Good old Firefox with Clint Eastwood. 

That plane looks pretty good. Do we know how far it is from release? While its probably realistic that windscreen clutter is immense and you can barely see anything right centre of the plane.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

That sounds quite interesting, I assume it's this one ? : https://tupolenok.wayforpay.shop/en/?prod=18589

Does it come with any documentation, either Russian or english ?

Mike

Yes, it's that one. There is a TON of Official documentation - as in your ACTUAL POH and other handbooks from Soviet times - they are all available for download from the developer's VK page. But nothing in terms of documentation for the simulation, though he has a ton of videos on YouTube where he flies it all over. The POH are obviously VERY thorough and VERY technical. And yes, they are in Russian. Even if you speak fluent Russian (I do), it's quite a bit and very intimidating at times. 

The interesting part is RSBN navigation. It comes with a freeware flight planner called MyNL (which the developer took 2 or so hours out of his time to personally guide me through) and it actually sets up RSBN beacons everywhere so you can fly using RSBN navigation. There are very few RSBN beacons left in the real world, and certainly none in sims, so this tool allows you to fly it and your navigator can follow the flight plan with it. Additionally, you can set up RSBN beacons anywhere in the world (even where there were never to begin with) and you can then fly in places Soviet aviation didn't venture into. It's all VERY amazing and in-depth. It works VERY well. MyNL is available in both Russian and English. You can actually use it to plan flights for other things too - it's very comprehensive, you can set up weather, look up METARs, etc. The latest versions work with P3D and MSFS2020. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Yes, it's that one. There is a TON of Official documentation - as in your ACTUAL POH and other handbooks from Soviet times - they are all available for download from the developer's VK page. But nothing in terms of documentation for the simulation, though he has a ton of videos on YouTube where he flies it all over. The POH are obviously VERY thorough and VERY technical. And yes, they are in Russian. Even if you speak fluent Russian (I do), it's quite a bit and very intimidating at times.

Hm, usually I'm Ok with Russian documentation. I wrote the 200pg Project Tupolev 154 manual more than a decade ago, which also had just Russian docs as a base. But nothing in terms of the simulation still sounds difficult. E.g. one would need at least a list of phrases to speak.
RSBN navigation is indeed awesome to use, I really liked it some time ago.

Time to restart with Russian planes 🙂

Thanks anyway for the informative answer

Mike

Edited by mikealpha
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

8 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Hm, usually I'm Ok with Russian documentation. I wrote the 200pg Project Tupolev 154 manual more than a decade ago, which also had just Russian docs as a base. But nothing in terms of the simulation still sounds difficult. E.g. one would need at least a list of phrases to speak.
RSBN navigation is indeed awesome to use, I really liked it some time ago.

Time to restart with Russian planes 🙂

Thanks anyway for the informative answer

Mike

The list of phrases to speak is in MyNL, which you can use without voice commands. It's a little scroll box that sits on top of your sim window and it has ALL the possible commands to the virtual crew listed there. 😉

Also in the beginning of video developer mentioned something about opening window before starting APU because of some pop sound? LOL I don't know much Tu-134 but seems like going to be well modeled airplane with  details like that ! 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

14 hours ago, sanh said:

Haha. Good old Firefox with Clint Eastwood. 

That plane looks pretty good. Do we know how far it is from release? While its probably realistic that windscreen clutter is immense and you can barely see anything right centre of the plane.

rasketny fareer...

You get the  💥 GOLD STAR  💥  for knowing Firefox!   Rever that award.  It's normally only offered (and won) in my family.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB